[OPLINLIST] OhioNET Announces New Executive Director/CEO

Christine Morris christinem at ohionet.org
Thu Oct 11 09:29:39 EDT 2018

OhioNET is pleased to announce that Nancy S. Kirkpatrick has been selected as the next Executive Director/CEO, to succeed Michael P. Butler.  Ms. Kirkpatrick is currently the Associate Director of the Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS).

“Nancy’s enthusiasm for all types of libraries came through loud and clear during the interview process,” says Andrew Whitis, Board Chair. “She is the clear choice to lead OhioNET forward. Nancy’s thoughtfulness and analytical skills will help to ensure that OhioNET continues to provide the types of services members want and need. I want to again thank both OhioNET staff and Board members for their engagement throughout the search process.”

In addition to Ms. Kirkpatrick’s current position with MCLS, she also served on the Boards of the Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI) and Private Academic Library Network of Indiana (PALNI) while she was the Director of Library Services at Marian University in Indianapolis.  Ms. Kirkpatrick holds a Master of Science in Library and Information Science from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Richmond (VA).

“I am excited to become part of the Ohio library community,” says Ms. Kirkpatrick.  “I have been impressed with the OhioNET staff and Ohio librarians, having collaborated on projects including the Great Lakes Resource Sharing Conference. I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish together.”

Ms. Kirkpatrick is expected to start on January 3, 2019.

--

Christine Morris
Deputy Director