[OPLINLIST] Last call - Connect Your Community with Reliable Voter Information

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Tue Oct 23 10:59:29 EDT 2018

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D46ABF.7883FA40]

Only a few days remain to sign up for our next webinar. As information professionals, connecting users with reliable sources is one of our key missions in life, right? This goal becomes even more critical (and complicated!) when we discuss the topic of voting. In this webinar, our workshop leader, Dr. Miriam Kahn, will show you how to help your patrons find the facts about candidates and issues at the federal, state and local levels. We'll be featuring publicly available sources like Project Vote Smart<http://votesmart.org/>, the League of Women Voters<http://lwv.org/>, Vote 411<http://www.vote411.org/>, Open Secrets<http://www.opensecrets.org/> and Congress.gov<https://www.congress.gov/>.

Voter Information Resources<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=434&reset=1>
Wednesday, October 31st from 3:00pm - 4:00pm
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn

Can't make it in real time?  Sign up and be sure to get a link to view the recording of this session at your convenience.

Looking for more in the Reference Skills and Resources Series? Click on the title link below for information about upcoming event(s).

  *   Hands-on Local History Projects Workshop<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=435&reset=1>

Thursday, November 15th from 9:30AM to 3:30PM at OhioNET
Presenter: Dr. Miriam Kahn

Or head to the OhioNET Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our upcoming learning opportunities.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

"See" you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Coordinator
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities
[chis1]