[OPLINLIST] Don’t Miss Determining Copyright Status Step-by-Step on 12/12/19

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Mon Dec 9 09:33:46 EST 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5AE73.C05F70D0]

The concept of copyright and the protections it offers for authors and creators is rooted in the United States Constitution. However, the processes and practices of copyright have changed many times throughout the intervening years, leaving a complex set of steps you *may* need to follow in order to determine whether a title is (or is not) currently under the protections of copyright. Don’t throw your hands up in despair, plan to attend this session to learn where you need to start.

Copyright in Action: Determining Copyright Status Step-by-Step<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=529&reset=1>
Thursday, December 12 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University Libraries)
CEUs: 1.5

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience.  Looking for more content in our Preservation & Access training track?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

Copyright in Action: Introduction and Overview<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=534&reset=1>
February 13, 2020 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University)
CEUs: 1.5

Copyright in Action: Fair Use Myths and Misconceptions<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=535&reset=1>
April 8, 2020 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers (Miami University)
CEUs: 1.5

Copyright in Action: Understanding Section 108—The “Reproductions in Libraries and Archives” Exception<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=536&reset=1>
June 11, 2020 from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM
Presenter: Carla Myers
CEUs: 1.5

As always, if you find yourself with questions about these or any of our continuing education options, don’t hesitate to contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>. We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS
Community and Training Manager
OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221
shellym at ohionet.org<mailto:shellym at ohionet.org>  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37
www.ohionet.org

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities