[OPLINLIST] New OPLIN Database Usage Reporting Tool

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Dec 16 14:18:22 EST 2019

If stats are your thing, we invite you to take a look at the new OPLIN
Database Usage Reporting Tool.

https://stats.oplin.org/common/report/

This new stats portal uses scripts to interact with vendor websites, ingest
the basic usage data they provide, and present it back to librarians in a
consistent interface.

Because it's mostly our computers talking to their computers, we could use
some error checking to make sure things haven't gone too awry. So it will
help us if you would take a look, and let us know if the numbers seem
wildly off to you.

*But first:*

   - We know the HeritageQuest numbers are not specifically too good.
   They're nonsense, actually. Proquest is looking into it.
   - Oxford delivers their stats by ox-cart. It will take awhile for Very
   Short Introductions and Oxford Research Encyclopedia stats to appear each
   month.
   - Transparent Language isn't in there yet, but we're working with them
   to get your numbers for the State Library's reports next year.

Thanks for your help, and if you have any questions or suggestions, please
let me know.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250

*Currently listening to "The Apocalypse Codex" by Charles Stross, *
*performed by Gideon Emery (Recorded Books, 2013).*