[OPLINLIST] Review the basics of cataloging with OhioNET’s upcoming webinar series, starting 1/7

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Dec 17 10:22:33 EST 2019

[cid:bebf3f33-e1a2-4efb-8162-f56162751662]

It’s always best to begin at the beginning, right?  If you have never cataloged before or need to refresh your skills for the RDA era, plan to attend this introductory series of webinars in January.  These three sessions will explain basic cataloging concepts and processes for copy catalogers, as well as demonstrate how to describe our most numerous type of resource--books!

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Basic Cataloging Overview (Session 1)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=537&reset=1>
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Presenter: Sarah Schaff (Denison University Library)

CEUs: 2

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Meet MARC (Session 2)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=538&reset=1>
Tuesday, January 14, 2020 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Presenter: Sarah Schaff (Denison University Library)

CEUs: 2

Fundamentals of Cataloging: RDA vs AACR2 (Session 3)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=539&reset=1>
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Presenter: Sarah Schaff (Denison University Library)

CEUs: 2

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up anyway and be sure to get the link to review the recording of any online sessions at your convenience.  Looking for more continuing education options?  Check out these upcoming webinars in the Fundamentals of Cataloging training track or head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calendar> for a full listing of all our currently scheduled events.

Fundamentals of Cataloging: Overview of Serials for Copy Catalogers (Session 1)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=551&reset=1>

Tuesday, March 17, 2020 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Presenter: Sarah Schaff (Denison University Library)

CEUs: 2

Fundamentals of Cataloging: MARC for Serials Cataloging (Session 2)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=552&reset=1>
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Presenter: Sarah Schaff (Denison University Library)

CEUs: 2

Fundamentals of Cataloging: RDA vs. AACR2 for Serials Cataloging (Session 3)<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=553&reset=1>
Tuesday, March 31, 2020 from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Presenter: Sarah Schaff (Denison University Library)

CEUs: 2

If you find yourself with questions about these or any of our CE offerings, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always happy to help.

Cheers,

Shelly

Shelly S. Miller, MLIS

Community and Training Manager

OhioNET  |  1500 W. Lane Ave.  |  Columbus, OH 43221

shellym at ohionet.org  |  800-686-8975 ext. 37

www.ohionet.org<https://outlook.office.com/mail/deeplink/www.ohionet.org>

Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities