[OPLINLIST] Learn about trauma-informed service with Libraries Lending Hope

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Tue Feb 12 12:37:14 EST 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4C2CF.AC6EFA40]

Libraries are often the hubs of the communities they serve. However, that role comes with both challenges and responsibilities, especially as many communities struggle with difficult societal situations from addiction, to homelessness, to unemployment and more. When times are tough, hope can be hard come by.  Sometimes you need to borrow it, and the library can be a place to find it. Plan to attend our upcoming webinar to discuss ways in which libraries can make small changes that can have a big impact and to learn how trauma-informed libraries can implement programming, initiate outreach, and equip librarians to better serve communities.

Libraries Lending Hope: Trauma-Informed Service<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=499>
Thursday, March 14, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Presenter: Dr. Meghan Harper, Kent State University's School of Information.

Looking for more Cultivating Connections content?  Check out these upcoming webinars or head to our Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for a full listing of all our upcoming events.

Get Started with Grant Writing<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=497&reset=1>
Tuesday, April 30, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Presenter: Cindy Boyden, State Library of Ohio

How to Grassroots: Limitless possibilities through community-based solutions
<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=501&reset=1>Tuesday, May 21, 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Presenters: Shane Hoffman (Plain City Public Library), Gina Maida (University of Mount Union), Kate McCartney (Marysville Public Library), and Sarah Schaff (Denison University)

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our session at your convenience.
If you find yourself with questions about this event, or any of our other training opportunities, please contact us<https://www.ohionet.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=5798&qid=406894>.  We're always happy to help.

"See" you soon,
Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Librarian
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities
[chis1]