[OPLINLIST] New Online Original Cataloging Series is Starting at OhioNET

Heidi Beke-Harrigan heidib at ohionet.org
Thu Feb 14 14:12:13 EST 2019

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D4C46F.48CA79F0]

Got local or unique items in need of catalog records? If you've been wanting to try your hand at original cataloging and have prior training or experience with copy cataloging practices, wait no more! Our upcoming online series will introduce you to the key skills and workflows needed to create original records in MARC21 format.  Participants will review standards for quality cataloging, explore time-saving tactics like creating templates or using constant data, and discover freely available tools to streamline their workflows and/or enhance their records.

Attendees are strongly encouraged to have access to their preferred cataloging software during these webinars.

Click each link below for more information or to register.
Basics of Original Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=481&reset=1>, Tuesday, Mar. 26, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Simplifying Original Cataloging Workflows with Tools<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=482&reset=1>, Tuesday, Apr. 2, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Tricks, Resources, and Practice for Original Cataloging<https://www.ohionet.org/civicrm/event/info?id=484&reset=1>, Tuesday, Apr. 16, 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM

Can't make it in real-time?  Sign up and be sure to get the link to review the recording of our online sessions at your convenience.  As always you can head to the Training Calendar<http://www.ohionet.org/training-calednar> for a full listing of all currently available events.

If you find yourself with questions about this, or any of our other CE offerings, please don't hesitate to contact us (ohionet at ohionet.org<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org>).  We're always happy to help!

“See” you soon,

Heidi

Heidi Beke-Harrigan, MLS, CPL
Member Services Librarian
OhioNET | 1500 West Lane Ave | Columbus, OH 43221
614-484-1068 | 800-686-8975, ext. 28
heidib at ohionet.org<mailto:heidib at ohionet.org> | www.ohionet.org
Connecting Libraries for Stronger Communities
[chis1]