[OPLINLIST] Adult Services Librarian at Shaker Heights Public Library

Cindy Maxey cindy.maxey at shakerlibrary.org
Thu Feb 14 17:02:56 EST 2019

ADULT SERVICES LIBRARIAN

Full-time (40 hours per week)

Shaker Heights Public Library is seeking an innovated and people-oriented Adult Services Librarian to help us meet our mission of strengthening our community and transforming lives by bringing together people, information and ideas. We are a busy, first-ring suburban library serving a diverse community.  Responsibilities include providing reference and readers' advisory services to patrons, developing and maintaining a part of the library's collection and creating programs and services to meet the needs and interests of the community.  Specifically, this position will be responsible for business and career services and programming. Experience or training in one or both areas is preferred.   Must have strong technology skills and oral and written communication skills, thrive within a fast-paced environment and be able to adapt to change.  Must enjoy working with all kinds of people. Will serve as Senior Person as assigned.  MLS from an ALA accredited school required.

Pay rate: $19.13 per hour.  This position works a variety of day, evening, and weekend hours.

Submit resume, cover letter, and completed application (available at www.shakerlibrary.org<http://www.shakerlibrary.org/>) to:

Shaker Heights Public Library

16500 Van Aken Boulevard

Shaker Heights, Ohio 44120

Attn: Human Resources

Fax: 216-991-5951

Email: hr at shakerlibrary.org

Applications and resumes received by February 25, 2019 will receive first consideration.

Equal Opportunity Employer

Cindy Maxey, MLIS
Adult Services Manager
Shaker Heights Public Library