[OPLINLIST] Summer Reading Performer

Jami and Robyn MML childrensmml at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:25:01 EST 2019

Hello all,
We're working with Curt Strutz and the Hillbilly Silly Science Spectacular
to make a return trip to Ohio, but we need several other libraries to make
it worthwhile for him and affordable for us. We really enjoyed his show
when he was here in 2017. He is great fun for the whole family. Curt
provided the following paragraph with more details and his website is
www.hillbillysillyscience.com. Please feel free to contact me with any
questions.

The Hillbilly Silly Science Spectacular is looking to try and assemble a
return visit to Ohio during the week of July 8-12 (weekdays) this summer -
it's a perfect and fun addition to summer reading programming!  Dr. Beaker
visits libraries and provides high-energy and fast paced science
performances that are equally as funny as they are educational!  Children
get to watch homemade science experiments performed right before their eyes
- and these experiments are not your typical lab projects - we are talking
optical illusions, volcanoes, homemade cannons, and so much more!
Hillbilly Silly Science is a nationally touring theatre/PAC show that does
smaller versions of their act at libraries over the summer - it is as much
a theatrical experience as it is a science demo show featuring STEM and
science theories!  The www.hillbillysillyscience.com web site has a lot
more info - but given the past success when this show routed through Ohio a
few years back - you will NOT want to miss out on it!  For information,
contact Curt Strutz at hillbillyscience at peoplepc.com  or call at (262)
271-7327- we are looking for a handful of Ohio libraries to try and
assemble a mini tour that week in July!

Thank you,
Jami Williams

Children's and Young Adult Librarian