[OPLINLIST] Out-of-state fees for library cards?

Jan Vaughn VaughnJ at wtcpl.org
Wed Mar 27 13:37:59 EDT 2019

The Warren-Trumbull County Public Library has maintained a $10 charge for an out-of-state library card user for at least the past 20 years.  We are considering increasing this fee due to the wealth of expensive downloadable items we've added to the collection over time.  I am aware that if you work or attend school in Ohio, you are entitled to a free card from Ohio's public libraries.  We do have a number of individuals that come across the border from Pennsylvania and sign up for an out-of-state card.  Ten dollars seems like quite a bargain!

If you charge an out-of-state fee, what do you charge?  Is it per year?

Thank you.

Jan M. Vaughn
Assistant Director
Warren-Trumbull County Public Library
444 Mahoning Avenue NW / Warren, OH  44483
(330) 399-8807, ext. 123
vaughnj at wtcpl.org<mailto:vaughnj at wtcpl.org>
[WTCPL_Logo_Email]