[OPLINLIST] User Purge Standards

Kathleen Webb kwebbmml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:58:14 EDT 2020

Good morning,

We annually purge the patron records that have been inactive for three
years.  However, we have learned that some patrons use only digital
resources; their card appears to be inactive but they need to maintain a
current library card for OverDrive, etc.  We make a note of "electronic
users" so we don't remove that patron's record.  Our Board of Trustees
authorized us to forgive fines except for items that have been sent to
collections; we need to retain those records indefinitely or until resolved.

Kathleen Webb
Library Director
Marvin Memorial Library
29 W. Whitney Avenue