[OPLINLIST] Anti-Vaping Video Contest offering $20, 000 in scholarship prizes

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Fri Feb 21 09:05:31 EST 2020

Sent on behalf of the Ohio Department of Health...

I wanted to make you aware of an exciting opportunity.....

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5E896.0F90BD60]
The ODH Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation Program is sponsoring an Anti-Vaping Video Contest offering $20,000 in scholarship prizes.

The contest is a response to the unprecedented rise in e-cigarette/vaping use among youth and young adults.  It is our hope that this opportunity will provide a creative outlet for students to learn more about the dangers of vaping, while also providing ODH with youth-centered videos that could be used for further mass media campaigns to discourage use among youth.

The contest is open to all Ohio high school students or students taking high school level homeschool classes. Students are asked to produce a 25 to 45 second video that addresses the dangers of vaping. For details on the contest rules, please visit the ODH website: www.odh.ohio.gov/videocontest<http://www.odh.ohio.gov/videocontest>

We encourage you to forward this information to any and all stakeholder groups with whom you might work in hopes of achieving a wide distribution and participation in this opportunity.

Please feel free to contact anyone in the Tobacco Use Prevention and Cessation Program for further information or to email us at tobaccoprevention at odh.ohio.gov<mailto:tobaccoprevention at odh.ohio.gov>

Thanks for your help!

Greg Stein
Ohio Department of Health
Tobacco Program