[OPLINLIST] Library Associate - West Chester Ohio

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Mon Feb 24 15:56:14 EST 2020

Library Associate, Job EK, Part Time, West Chester, Ohio

Do you find satisfaction in helping others find joy in literature, or discovering answers for others? If so, you should join our library family as an associate!

Hours

20 hours per week with a 2-week rotating schedule of:

Week One: Tuesday 5:00 - 9:15 pm, Thursday 4:00 - 9:15 pm, Friday 3:00 - 7:15 pm, Saturday 9:00 am - 3:15 pm.

Week Two: Sunday 12:30 - 5:15 pm, Tuesday 5:00 - 9:15 pm, Thursday 4:00 - 9:15 pm, and Friday 1:30 - 7:15 pm

Starting Rate of Pay

The salary starts at $9.85 per hour and is more depending on your experience

Benefits

Ohio Public Employees Retirement System retirement plan; required direct deposit; paid time off; eligibility for dental and vision insurance; holiday pay; tuition reimbursement; attendance to webinars and workshops; and more.

More Information & to Apply

For more information and to apply, complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings. A resume and cover letter may be uploaded to your application.

​

Brief Description

Have a high level of professionalism, courtesy, and a positive outlook in order to provide excellent customer service to our community and patrons.

Answer information and reference questions.

Give reading recommendations for primarily adult & teen material, accept passport applications, assist patrons with check in/out, create library cards.

Create and present several monthly creative library programs for adults.

To Be Successful

Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.

Must provide evidence of U.S. citizenship for passport duties.

Need computer experience that would include MS Office, the Internet, and ideally the library catalog and research databases.

Should be able to plan and present programs for adults.

Should have a knowledge of literature, particularly for adults and teens.

Regular and predictable attendance is required.

Physical Requirements

Must have the ability to move book crates that could weigh up to 75 pounds when full, and move book carts that could weigh up to 200 pounds when full.

Inquiries

We appreciate your interest in our opening at the MidPointe Library System.  More information about this opening, and the online application, is available on our application portal. Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing an application for online submission.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St