[OPLINLIST] Place your order of free art books today!  30+ new titles available through the D.U.C. Library Program

marshams at library.ohio.gov marshams at library.ohio.gov
Fri Mar 6 09:27:09 EST 2020

Please excuse multiple postings...

Sent on behalf of Art Resources Transfer

Dear librarians,

A.R.T. welcomes you to place orders of FREE books on contemporary art, offered to public schools and libraries entirely free and shipped free of charge. We have 400 titles available, including 30 newly in stock.

If you are a public school or library and define your community as underserved, you are eligible to receive free D.U.C. books. We invite participating libraries to order books from our catalog once annually. Your library may order as many books as you like at one copy per title.

Please browse our catalog and select materials according to the interests and needs of your community. Our catalog is organized by artist, publisher, and theme: we hope these guides will facilitate your search. We also encourage you to use the educational guides available in our journal to assist in incorporating books into classroom curricula and library programming. To place your order, please follow the link at the bottom right of the catalog. You will be prompted to log in or create an account, and follow the links to submit your order. You may expect to receive books within 4-8 weeks of your order.

Branch libraries may participate independently or through their main library. All items received from the D.U.C. must be cataloged in your library's holdings and made available to all patrons. Please contact us with any questions regarding how you might best activate these resources: we are happy to help.

Visit our website to view our book catalog here: https://www.artresourcestransfer.org/#duc/catalog

All public schools, libraries, prisons, and reading centers that self-define as underserved are warmly welcome to order. You can log in or create an account here: https://www.artresourcestransfer.org/login

We also offer free online teaching guides on contemporary artists, helping you integrate D.U.C. books into your educational activities: https://resources.artresourcestransfer.org/

To receive updates on new books and educational resources, subscribe to our newsletter here: https://artresourcestransfer.us10.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=ee16e6d72a490f88a455d4587&id=f5b94c9593

Please reach out with any questions or to let us know how we can better serve you and your readers. Write us at: duc at artresourcestransfer.org<mailto:duc at artresourcestransfer.org>

With best wishes,

Art Resources Transfer

https://www.artresourcestransfer.org/

Art Resources Transfer is a nonprofit organization committed to documenting and disseminating artists' voices and work to the broadest possible public. Our two programs, A.R.T. Press and the D.U.C., activate the key components of the printed book—publication, distribution, and spaces of reading—to create more egalitarian access to the arts and literacy.

The Distribution to Underserved Communities Library Program (D.U.C.) distributes books on contemporary art and culture to public schools, libraries, prisons, and alternative education centers nationwide, free of charge. D.U.C. books create access to the arts and literacy these institutions could not otherwise afford to acquire. To date, the D.U.C. has placed over 496,484 free books in 8,785 public institutions across the country. https://www.artresourcestransfer.org/duc

###

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D5F399.6856EA10]

Marsha McDevitt-Stredney, Ph.D.

Public Information Officer