[OPLINLIST] Keeping Track of Number of Patrons in Library

Ed Rossman erossman74 at yahoo.com
Tue May 12 07:56:37 EDT 2020

Hi Tina,
I don't think there's a technological fix for this. Folks at my Walmart just use click counters, nothing fancy, and they have a much bigger crowd. Maybe ask your Friends or Facebook followers to volunteer, using a simple legal pad showing the # of in and out? You'll be needing these folks getting in the loop soon anyway in terms of fundraising, which I'm sure you'll be doing.
You had 39 responses and 15 shares for your recent humorous bookshelf post, and 800+ people who follow you on FB, so you obviously have an engaged patron base. Good for you! I'm sure some will help out.
Good luck,Ed RossmanAuthor of the new book, "A Guy's Guide to Throat Cancer", available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and iTunes.
On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 8:59 AM Tina Michel via OPLINLIST <oplinlist at lists.oplin.org> wrote:Hello All,
I am wondering what plans have been made by your library for keeping a tally of the number of patrons entering your building upon reopening? It seems most places of business have a person constantly stationed at front door with an i-pad.  Due to our small staff, that may not be best for us.  However, we want to be sure to keep our patron numbers only at our designated amount.  How are all of you planning to do this?
Many thanks,Tina Michel, DirectorCenterburg Public Library49 E. Main St,Centerburg, OH 43011(740) 625-6538