[OPLINLIST] Ohio State Fair canceled / statewide SLP incentives

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Fri May 22 09:51:01 EDT 2020

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Good morning,

As you have most likely heard, the Ohio State Fair is canceled for 2020. Several librarians have asked about the other statewide Summer Library Program incentive coupons. This is what we know right now:

  *   As of now, the Ohio Renaissance Festival plans to take place as scheduled.
  *   The Armstrong Museum is currently closed and will reopen at the direction of the Ohio History Connection.

Of course we can't predict the future, especially not now. You may choose to distribute either/both of these coupons, but please consider sharing with your patrons what is currently going on with each of the attractions, and let them know that the library can't guarantee that the attractions will end up being open as planned. If you need links to download the coupon masters, please email me.

Here are some ideas for no-cost or very low cost Summer Library Program incentives for a nontraditional summer:

  *   One-time jump to the front of the reserve queue on a book of the patron's choice
  *   Voucher good for reduction/forgiveness of overdue fines
  *   Coupon for free item from Friends booksale (when available)
  *   Patron's first name/last initial in chalk/acrylic on library sidewalk, or on a die-cut posted on library window
  *   Completion certificate mailed to home
  *   Custom activity packet mailed to home

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D6301D.6EDB9F00]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer