[OPLINLIST] Required OPLIN E-rate forms from ALL libraries

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Nov 4 15:34:11 EST 2020

Once again, it is time for every Ohio public library system to
complete E-rate forms for OPLIN, specifically a Letter of Agency (LOA)
and a Form 479. In some cases, we may also need a form reporting
off-premises use of your OPLIN connection.

All libraries are required to submit these forms to OPLIN annually,
regardless of whether or not the library itself participates in the
E-rate program.

The process for submitting these forms is as simple as we can make it.
>From any library computer, go to https://oplin.org/erate and follow
the instructions there. (You must be in the library to access this
site.)

When you connect, the site will ask you for contact information and
whether or not the library complies with the Children's Internet
Protection Act (CIPA). If you are using some of your OPLIN connection
to provide telecommunication services that originate off library
property, we will also ask how much bandwidth comes from off-premises
locations; just leave the amount as "0" if you don't use your OPLIN
connection for off-premises bandwidth.

Sign the screen with a mouse, or your finger on a touch screen
(definitely easier). In fact, we recommend using a tablet or a phone
connected to the library network for this entire process. Click
"Generate Paperwork" and you're done. You will be able to download a
copy of the paperwork for your records. OPLIN will have your paperwork
on file automatically, so you don't need to send us anything.

We urge all libraries to complete these forms ASAP, but no later than
December 31, 2020, so OPLIN can begin work on our E-rate applications.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250