[OPLINLIST] Library Associate - Part Time - Middletown OH

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Wed Aug 18 09:28:34 EDT 2021

MidPointe Library, Library Associate – Part Time –Middletown Ohio

This opening is eligible for a conditional $1,200 Hiring Bonus for a limited time only!

In preparation to increase our hours in the fall, we have an opening at our Middletown Library!

As a library associate, you’ll improve lives and expand minds by providing excellent customer service to our patrons by answering questions; providing computer and printer assistance; giving reading recommendations; creating library cards; and accepting passport applications. You’ll also use the automated conveyor belt check in system, process holds and reserves; sort; shelve; shelf read; and pull holds.

MidPointe is located on the east side of Butler County, Ohio in a vibrant, dynamic, diverse community that enjoys community support. Nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton, the county has a wide variety of schools, entertainment, dining experiences, sports, and cultural events. We have something for everyone!

To Be Successful, you will need to:

  *   Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  *   Be a U.S. citizen for passport duties.
  *   Have prior customer service experience that includes the desire and ability to serve and interact with a diverse public.
  *   Be friendly, approachable, and provide a positive library experience to patrons.
  *   Have a good knowledge of literature that appeals to all ages.
  *   Be able to effectively problem solve, be adaptable, detail-oriented, able to prioritize, and handle confidential information.
  *   Be proficient with computer software that includes MS Office, Google Drive, e-reader tablets, the internet, and ideally the library catalog and research databases.
  *   Be able to operate equipment such as copiers, computers, printers, and scanners.
  *   Be able to effectively speak, listen, read (including cursive), and understand English.
  *   Be able to learn and carry out the responsibilities of the position.
  *   Regular and predictable physical attendance is required.

Hours:

16 hours per week with varying hours and schedules, of days, evenings and weekends.

Rate of Pay:

The pay range is $11.42-$17.12; the pay rate depends on experience.

Benefits:

Our part time benefits package includes state retirement; direct deposit; accrued paid time off; eligibility for dental and vision insurance; paid holiday’s; education assistance, and more.

Physical Requirements:

-Must have the ability to move book crates that could weigh up to 75 pounds when full and move book carts that could weigh up to 200 pounds when full.

-Must be able to work in areas in areas that may contain cleaning odors, dust, or other possible allergens.

Apply:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings.

Inquiries:

The full job description for this opening is on our website at: https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs. Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing the required online application.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St