[OPLINLIST] Functional Literacy Programming

Melody Flick mflick at FindlayLibrary.org
Wed Jan 27 11:33:53 EST 2021

Hello everyone!

Our library has adopted a new strategic plan, and one of our initiatives for the upcoming year is to develop programs that promote the advancement of functional literacy skills (i.e. practical skills needed for real-life purposes). This could include anything from resume workshops, financial literacy/budgeting, using technology, etc.

We were wondering if anyone has done programming that focuses on functional literacy skills. If so, we'd love to hear about it! For example, what programs did you offer? What did you find effective/ineffective? How did you develop and execute your program?

We're looking for ideas about what to offer, as well as advice about how to offer these programs effectively.

Thank you in advance from FHCPL! We really appreciate it!

Melody Flick
Adult Services Librarian
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, OH 45840
419.422.0576
www.findlaylibrary.org<http://www.findlaylibrary.org>
mflick at findlaylibrary.org<mailto:mflick at findlaylibrary.org>

Confidentiality Notice: E-mail sent is generally subject to Ohio Public Records Law except as otherwise provided by Ohio law or under a legal privilege. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.