[OPLINLIST] Northstar Digital Literacy - Statewide Implementation News and Training

Christine Morris christine at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Nov 17 13:53:26 EST 2021

*With apologies for cross-posting*

Greetings,

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the OPLIN booth at OLC and to everyone
who attended the October 28 webinar on Northstar Digital Literacy.  We've
been spending the last couple weeks getting everything lined up on the back
end of the project, and I am pleased to say that things are going to start
moving quickly now.

We are moving into the next phase of statewide implementation of statewide
Northstar roll-out--full scale training!

One of our main goals with this statewide implementation is to help all
library staff feel more confident in their role as digital literacy
resources in their communities.  Everyone is already doing computer
training in some way, shape, or form, but we are hoping that this resource
will make it easier for you to respond to that need among all of the other
things that you do every day.

We have training scheduled for a Site Administrator at every public library
at the end of the month.  Those folks have received their invitations
separately.  We also have a full slate of training that is open to all
library staff.  That will start in the first full week of December.

Our first training event for all staff is on Thursday, December 9 at 1:00pm
via GoToMeeting. Anyone can register now at
https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533051. If you cannot attend in real
time, a recording will be available shortly after the event.

Additional training will be available for staff to review the learner
experience on Northstar. That will be on Wednesday, December 15 at 2:00pm
via GoToMeeting.  Registration is open now at
https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533052, and a recording will be
available shortly after the event.

Finally, you may want to consider the opportunity to assist life-long
learners and job seekers by providing proctoring services with Northstar
Digital Literacy. It is easier than you think. An informational session
regarding proctoring the Northstar assessments will be on Wednesday,
December 22 at 2:00pm via GoToMeeting. Registration is now open at
https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533056, and this session will also
be recorded.

Again, in summary:

   - *General Staff Training* - Thursday, December 9 at 1:00pm
(*https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533051
   <https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533051>*)
   - *Learner Perspective Training* -  Wednesday, December 15 at
2:00pm (*https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533052
   <https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533052>*)
   - *Proctor Training* - Wednesday, December 22 at 2:00pm
(*https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533056
   <https://events.library.ohio.gov/event/8533056>*)

*Ohio library access to Northstar is funded through a federal Institute of
Museum and Library Services ARPA grant awarded by the State Library of
Ohio.*

Please feel free to contact me off-list if you have questions about
Northstar or about these training sessions.

Sincerely,

Christine
--
Christine Morris (she/her)