[OPLINLIST] Non-traditional item collections

Gloria Malone gmalone at champaigncountylibrary.org
Thu Oct 21 13:16:20 EDT 2021

This question is for libraries that have non-traditional items they circulate.  How do you display the items?  What do you like or dislike about how you display your items?  Do you have a printed "catalog" for patrons?

We have a large collection of Maker Kits and we are looking for a better way to display the collection. Most of our items are in bags that can hang, but we also have some items that are in storage tubs. They are listed in our card catalog, but we have had requests for printed sheets with information on each item.

Thank you in advance!

[cid:3d88c389-cbe0-42d3-b4c7-27fb174654c1]

Gloria Malone

Imagine Lab, Programming & Outreach Coordinator

Champaign County Library

1060 Scioto Street

Urbana, OH  43078