[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: New Continuing Education Coordinator, Thank You, Digital Marketing, Grant & More

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Mon Oct 25 11:46:53 EDT 2021

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8271397.htm>

[http://viethconsulting.com/newsletter/8271397/5868841645/headerimage6765.gif]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53669919&nr=5868841645>
NEO-RLS News-October 25, 2021
Here is What Our Members are Saying
"  I can't tell you how much I am happy that we have you guys.  We have always enjoyed the classes that we get as members. "
Trends
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/79957_09242021160613.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53689471&nr=5868841645>
A Note from the Executive Director
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/77531_07122021102150.jpg]We, like so many of you, have been short staffed.  So, it is with great pleasure that I take this opportunity to welcome and introduce the newest member of our team, Ragan Snead.  Ragan will assume her position as Continuing Education Coordinator beginning on November 1 st .  Ragan brings a range of experience to her new position.  She has a MLIS, a MBA and is passionate about the importance of continuing education and the business side of libraries.  Previously, Ragan worked at Mentor Public Library as a Library Associate and Branch Librarian, providing literacy-based programming for all ages, including book discussions, storytimes and conducting computer classes.  She also helped establish their first mobile maker space.  In her most recent position at Lakeland Community College Library, she has served as the Circulation Services Coordinator and is a part of the management team.  She has been active campus-wide, serving as the Chair of the Lakeland Library marketing [http://neo-rls.org/photos/81356_10222021154503.jpg] committee, as an Advisor for the Lakeland Library student group, a member of the Lakeland Community College Diversity Committee (2018-present), a member of the Health and Wellness Committee (2018-present) and is the current President of the Lakeland Staff Association Executive Council.  She is also the Co-Chair of the Community & Two-Year College Libraries Interest Group for ALAO.  We are very excited to have Ragan joining us and hope that you will take a moment to welcome her.  Together we are maximizing library potential.  Thanks and have a wonderful week!

Betsy Lantz
December Opportunities
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/Calendar.png]12/1/2021
Generational Learning Styles 101<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53701691&nr=5868841645>
12/7/2021
Creating Calm During Times of Stress<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53702913&nr=5868841645>
12/8/2021
MARCs of Quality: vetting bibliographic records<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53704135&nr=5868841645>
12/9/2021
Diverse, Equitable, Inclusive, and Accessible: Putting DEIA into Practice in Your Library <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53705357&nr=5868841645>
12/9/2021
Public Relations and Marketing Networking Meeting <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53706579&nr=5868841645>
CE to Print and Share
Don't forget about CE @ a Glance<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53694359&nr=5868841645> .  A simple one-page flyer to share with your staff.
ATTN: Academic Libraries
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/80342_10012021104149.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53683361&nr=5868841645>
Where is the Jobline?
Check out the job postings at the new  Jobline location on the website <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53669919&nr=5868841645> under Services.
NEO-RLS Announcements
Thank You to Our Members!
A big thank you to our many members that have already returned their 2022-2023 Letters of Intent.  We appreciate your continuing support and the early return of your Letters of Intent makes it much easier for us to begin planning our budget in a realistic manner.  If you haven't already returned your Letter, please do so by December 31, 2021.  If you need the Letter of Intent resent, please contact Betsy Lantz <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53698025&nr=5868841645> .  Your membership dues make it possible for us to provide you with the programs and services that meet your needs and interests.  Thank you! Thank you!  Together we are maximizing library potential.
Salary Survey is Still Available
If you have been thinking about purchasing the Statewide Salary Survey but haven't yet done so, it is still available along with CODA, the online reporting tool.  To date, we have received very positive feedback regarding the usefulness of the survey.  If you have questions or want to purchase, please contact Debbie Blair<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53745683&nr=5868841645>.

Don't Miss It
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/81333_10222021104014.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53688249&nr=5868841645>
>From the State Library
The State Library of Ohio has awarded over $28,000 in Ohio LSTA Metadata Mini-Grants <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53713911&nr=5868841645> to enable six libraries to prepare their collections for the Ohio Digital Network (ODN) and Digital Public Library of America (DPLA). Libraries of all types, museums, and cultural heritage organizations were eligible to apply for a State Library Metadata Mini-Grant for up to $4,999 in federal LSTA funds. The awarded funds may be used to pay metadata contractors, vendors, or obtain other services (including digitization) needed to ensure their collections meet the ODN and DPLA metadata application profile guidelines.
"Tell Me Another Story ," a 30-minute free access documentary released this week, celebrates advances in diversity in children's book publishing and explores how access to diverse books is critical to our children's quality of life and the health of our society. " Tell Me Another Story " was produced by the Ezra Jack Keats Foundation in collaboration with THE OFFICE Performing Arts + Film and features Pat Cummings, Marley Dias, Grace Lin, Meg Medina, Christopher Myers, and Andrea Davis Pinkney.
Watch the film HERE  <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53715133&nr=5868841645> This page also features a discussion guide, video panel discussion, trailer, and more.

Kym Powe, invites everyone to the Connecticut Library Association's upcoming Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion fall online workshop: "What's Next? EDI in Action" featuring Monica Figueroa and Kristan Shawgo from the University of North Carolina, Christina Fuller-Gregory from the South Carolina Governor's School for the Arts and Humanities, and Audrey Betcher from the Rochester Public Library.
The workshop is Monday, November 1 from 10:00 am - 2:30 pm. Registration is $35; $10 for students, retirees, and those affected by COVID.
Click HERE <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53716355&nr=5868841645> for more information and to register.

Read More<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53695581&nr=5868841645>
>From OPLIN
One hundred twenty-two library directors have told Don Yarman whom they select as their initial Northstar admin, the person who will take the lead in learning about Northstar and helping to decide the best way to use the resources in their libraries and communities. Is it you? The introductory webinar is in less than a week: sign up today!  https://olc.org/blog/event/oplin-webinar-closing-the-digital-literacy-gap-with-northstar/ <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53707801&nr=5868841645>

If your library hasn't emailed Don <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53709023&nr=5868841645> this week to tell him who will be their initial Northstar point person, please do. Name and email required; phone number optional. Thanks.

This Thursday
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/80829_10112021144922.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53746905&nr=5868841645>
Grant Opportunity
Are you seeking to  join a professional organization or pursue continuing education  opportunities but falling short when it comes to funding them?

If you answered yes, then the Ohio Preservation Council has the solution for you!
Apply for one of our Mini-Grants.   It's easy.

What can you use a Mini-Grant for?

Join  a professional organization like the American Institute for Conservation (AIC) or the Society of American Archivists (SAA).
Take a workshop (in person or virtual).
Attend  a professional conference.

Let us help YOU  succeed!
Apply today by clicking on this link:  https://ohiopreservationcouncil.org/Grants <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53717577&nr=5868841645>

[http://neo-rls.org/photos/EmailIcon3.png]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53698025&nr=5868841645>
Email<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53698025&nr=5868841645> Us or Follow Us on Facebook<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53699247&nr=5868841645>
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/TheFB4.png]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=53699247&nr=5868841645>

Template 11 - NEO-RLS News-October 25, 2021

Northeast Ohio Regional Library System | 1737 Georgetown Rd., Suite B | Hudson, OH 44236

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8271397.htm>
To share this via social networks, click here... <https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8271397.htm#SHARE>