[OPLINLIST] Fwd: Christine Morris is the new Digital Resources Manager at OPLIN

Don Yarman don at oplin.ohio.gov
Wed Oct 27 12:29:55 EDT 2021

Some attendees at the OLC Convention heard this news, but I'm pleased to
officially welcome Christine Morris to the OPLIN staff. Please see the
press release below.

                    Don Yarman
                    Director, Ohio Public Library Information Network
                    2323 W Fifth Ave Suite 130, Columbus OH 43204
                    don at oplin.ohio.gov | 614.728.5250

the Digital Resources Manager will be responsible for the statewide launch
of the Northstar Digital Literacy program (
https://www.oplin.ohio.gov/services/northstar).

Ms. Morris most recently served as Deputy Director at OhioNet, and her
background also includes experience at Columbus Metropolitan Library,
Portage County District Library, and Washington-Centerville Public Library.
She holds a BA in Economics and International Studies from Bowling Green
State University, an MLIS from Kent State University, and an MA in Public
Policy and Management from Ohio State University.

“I am delighted to have Christine bring her experience and talent to
OPLIN," said Don Yarman, OPLIN's Executive Director. "She comes to us with
a broad and detailed understanding of library services in general and the
Ohio library landscape in particular. She will be instrumental in helping
each library system make the best use of OPLIN’s services in their
communities.”

“I’m grateful for the opportunity to return to my first library
love--public library service,” Morris said. “The team at OPLIN is
tremendous, and I am looking forward to contributing to the success of
Ohio's public libraries in this new capacity. I hope that all of the public
libraries are as excited as I am about the Northstar initiative.”

______________________________________

OPLIN is an independent agency within the State Library of Ohio supporting
public access to online information since 1995. The agency is defined by
Ohio Revised Code section 3375.64, and was created “…for the purpose of
ensuring equity of access to electronic information for all residents of
this state.” OPLIN accomplishes this mission primarily by maintaining
high-speed connections to the internet in Ohio public libraries, and by
facilitating the finding, retrieving, and sharing of digital information,
such as the information available to all Ohioans in the Ohio Web Library (
ohioweblibrary.org <https://ohioweblibrary.org/sources/>).

###