[OPLINLIST] Children's DVD Collection

Melyssa Jones mallen at hbmlibrary.org
Thu Sep 2 13:18:09 EDT 2021

Thank you to everyone that responded to my email yesterday! If you would like to add to my collection of notes, please do! The more the merrier!

Original Question:

I'd love to pick your collective brain about how you decide where a DVD lives in your library.

What criteria do you use to put a DVD in the children's collection. Do you even have a children's DVD collection?
What ages or types of shows (movies?) do you focus on? Do you go by ratings or subject matter/characters?
Any other advice or thoughts?

Melyssa Jones

Adult Services Coordinator

Hurt/Battelle Memorial Library