[OPLINLIST] Librarian, Programming - Bexley Public Library

Human Resources hr at bexleylibrary.org
Wed Sep 29 13:09:34 EDT 2021

Do you love creating spectacular library programs? Do you love helping the
community discover new ways to explore, create, and connect? Do you love
being part of a team that seeks to provide the best customer service for
our patrons?  At Bexley Public Library, we believe that libraries play a
crucial role in providing trustworthy information about issues that impact
our lives and communities. Programming is an important component of that
mission, providing patrons with reliable information, along with
opportunities to engage with their community. BPL is seeking a Programming
Librarian to bring their interests, experience, and ideas to our
innovative, patron-focused team. As our Programming Librarian, you bring a
serviced-centered approach to the planning and implementation of dynamic
library programming.

Primary duties include:

·         Coordinating programming services in partnership with BPL
management, fellow librarians, and team members.

·         Producing and editing hybrid and virtual programs, including
special events and partnership opportunities.

·         Training staff on programming processes; facilitating productive,
collaborative program planning sessions, resulting in diverse, relevant
programming options to meet a variety of patron needs.

·         Staffing all service points and assisting patrons with reference
questions, research needs, and resource recommendations using an advanced
knowledge of library offerings and best practices.

·         Modeling outstanding customer service, open and friendly
communication, and positive, approachable behavior.

Improving lives is at the heart of everything we do at Bexley Public
Library. As a small library, we have a record and passion for doing big
things. We want to hear from you if you are knowledgeable, friendly,
approachable, and truly want to help people.  In this role, you will be
part of a team that comes to work every day with innovative ideas and
empathy for the needs of our patrons. You will work in a highly
collaborative environment and create strong and supportive connections
with our patrons and community partners.  We seek those who embrace our
mission to enlighten, engage, and inspire the community. We strive to
support and reflect the communities we serve through our dedication to
equity, diversity, and inclusion. Bexley Public Library is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.

*For the full job description and application process, please visit *
*https://www.bexleylibrary.org/jobs* <https://www.bexleylibrary.org/jobs>