[OPLINLIST] CSLP news: Ohio slogan/theme vote results; committee recruitment; call for ideas reminder

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Wed Aug 24 10:23:47 EDT 2022

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Good morning,

Thank you to everyone who voted in the recent Ohio survey for the Collaborative Summer Library Program 2025 slogan and 2026 theme. We had a jaw-dropping 585 responses! Amazing turnout; thank you!

I will take these results to the CSLP annual meeting next week, where the CSLP state reps will vote and finalize the 2025 slogan and 2026 theme. The top vote-getters were Color Our World (for slogan for 2025 art-themed program) and Dinosaurs (for theme for 2026 program). The vote was widely split across several options, and runners-up will also be considered. Complete results of the Ohio vote are at the bottom of this email.

********************

Do you want to get involved and have an impact on summer library program resources? Consider joining a CSLP committee<https://www.cslpreads.org/join-a-cslp-committee/>! CSLP committee work is an excellent opportunity for professional participation at a national level. Sign-ups for 2023 are open until October 3. While the duties vary, committee obligations generally run for one calendar year. All committee work is done virtually, either through email, or via phone or online meetings.

For more information and to volunteer, visit www.cslpreads.org/join-a-cslp-committee<http://www.cslpreads.org/join-a-cslp-committee/>.

To learn more about the role of each committee, visit www.cslpreads.org/committees/<http://www.cslpreads.org/committees/>.  Committees seeking new members include:
Budget & Finance
Child & Community Well-Being
Inclusion
Membership
School Outreach
Social Media
Statistics
Theme & Slogan
Vendor
Manual idea selection & content review committees for early literacy, children's, teen, and adult manuals and for Spanish language programming

********************

And, a reminder that CSLP is inviting ideas from public library staff that fit the 2024 slogan: "Adventure Begins at Your Library!" As you know, the CSLP manual is a collaborative endeavor. The more programs and resources that get submitted, the stronger the 2024 manual will be.

Use this link to share your ideas for programs, books, and resources to help CSLP create an amazing, adventurous manual for 2024:
www.cslpreads.org/submit-a-programming-idea/<http://www.cslpreads.org/submit-a-programming-idea/>

Deadline: September 2, 2022

********************

Please let me know if you have questions about CSLP committees, submitting ideas for the 2024 manual, or CSLP in general. The CSLP Annual Meeting takes place next week in Detroit. CSLP state reps, board members, and staff will come together to review 2022 results and to plan for future program cycles, including setting the 2025 slogan and 2026 theme. See below for Ohio vote results.

Thank you,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8B6C8.CD395270]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer (she/her)
Library Consultant
614-644-6910
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
library.ohio.gov/youth-services<http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services>

********************

Ohio vote results: 2025 CSLP Summer Library Program Slogan & 2026 Theme

Each participant had 3 votes to distribute for slogan nominees, and 3 votes to distribute for theme nominees. Not all respondents voted for both slogan and theme. Half-points in totals were rounded up.

2025 slogan:
Color Our World - 327
Paint Your World with Stories - 255
Read, Create, and Inspire - 203