[OPLINLIST] 📢 Join Our Team | Children's Associate Position Available at the North Canton Public Library 📢

Andrea Legg alegg at northcantonlibrary.org
Thu Aug 25 14:08:33 EDT 2022

We love Dog Man, dinosaurs, and re-runs of Bluey. Why? Because kids love them... and we love kids! (We're not ashamed to sing along with "Baby Shark," if you're wondering.) If you're interested in joining a dynamic group of library professionals who love helping our youngest readers learn, grow, and thrive, we'd love to work with you!

The North Canton Public Library is looking for an engaging and motivated professional with a deep commitment to customer service to assume the position of library associate in its Children’s Department. The successful applicant must be enthusiastic about the development of cutting-edge children’s programming, continually seek ways to improve upon the Library’s services to its community, and work as a team player to enhance the Library’s work culture of kindness, respect, and integrity among staff.

The North Canton Public Library has been an important part of its community since its founding in 1926, and we’re delighted to combine traditional library services with ones that are both inclusive and cutting-edge. What do we offer? Lots of fun and fellowship, plus a supportive work culture that includes many professional development opportunities. Join us as we work together to be the library our patrons deserve!

Job Title: Library Associate – Children's Services

Education: Four Year College Degree from Accredited University

Hours: Part Time (25 hours per week)

Salary: $14.75 per hour (entry level) plus benefits package including access to health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, Ohio Public Employees Retirement System, and paid time off

Immediate Supervisor: Children's Department Head

Responsibilities:
• Proactively provides outstanding customer service to library users of all ages and backgrounds
• Interviews, researches, and answers questions from patrons in person, via phone, or through email correspondence
• Assists in developing and maintaining a high quality collection based on community needs, usage levels, and relevance of materials
• Evaluates materials, utilizes statistical data and reports for collection maintenance, and makes withdrawals according to library guidelines
• Initiates the development of children’s programs to increase awareness of library resources and encourage library use
• Recommends materials based on patrons’ interests
• Provides programs, presentations, and training to patrons and other organizations, in the Library, and in the community
• Assists patrons with basic troubleshooting of common software products, operating systems, browsers, and other technologies associated with library services (including handheld devices, e-Readers, laptops, tablets, etc.)

Qualifications and Requirements:
Ability to work independently and multitask. Ability to helpfully communicate with the public to determine customer needs. Ability to use and understand technology. Ability to analyze needs and situations. Ability to make sound decisions. Ability to work well with others and to promote positive staff and community relations. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to follow and apply library procedures and policies. Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull 40 pounds. Must be able to bend and reach. Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
The preceding statements provide an overview of the job responsibilities and shall not be construed as an all-inclusive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. It does not limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, or control the work of employees under his/her supervision. Additional related duties may be assigned.

Application: Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and completed job application<http://ncantonlibrary.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/NCPLOnlineApplication.pdf> to Andrea Legg, Director: alegg at northcantonlibrary.org.

Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

---

Andrea Legg

Director | North Canton Public Library

185 North Main Street | North Canton, OH 44720

w: www.ncantonlibrary.com<http://www.ncantonlibrary.com/>

p: 330.499.4712 x315

m: 330.546.3064

e: alegg at northcantonlibrary.org<mailto:alegg at northcantonlibrary.org>