[OPLINLIST] Attend the Miami University Libraries Copyright Conference for free!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Aug 31 10:22:36 EDT 2022

Hi folks,

We're pleased to join in spreading the word about this year's Miami University Libraries Copyright Conference. Once again, this year's conference will be held online, with all conference sessions scheduled for the week of September 12-16. It features a series of five 90-minute webinars (one each day) exploring this year's theme of Copyright Collaborations! Celebrating Our Victories. Click this link for more information: https://copyrightconference.lib.miamioh.edu/

As a proud sponsor of this event since it's start, we're happy to announce an opportunity to attend for free! All we need from you is a little feedback. Planning is underway for our 2023 content and we're excited to be tackling some new topics. To help us prioritize what we'll cover, we've created a simple survey<https://forms.office.com/r/4gMkrGPZKM> to gather your input about our first training area - Copyright & Access. To encourage responses, especially from those folks who regularly make use of our copyright training, everyone who takes a few minutes to complete this short form will be entered to win a complimentary registration for the 2022 Miami University Libraries Copyright Conference. Winners will be notified at the start of the business day on Friday, September 9.

Check out our featured and upcoming OhioNet events listed below.  For more information all our currently continuing education opportunities, head to our Training Page<https://www.ohionet.org/training>.

Featured Events - Copyright in Action
Getting Permission to Use Copyrighted Material
Getting permission to use copyrighted material doesn't have to be stressful. In this webinar you'll learn the recommended steps you should take to pave the way for a "Yes!" to your request.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/copyright-in-action-getting-permissions-2> for our upcoming Getting Permission to Use Copyrighted Materials webinar on Tuesday, 10/4 from 2:30-4 p.m.

Creating Sustainable Copyright Policies
Learn how craft copyright policies that work for your library and your community. This session is aimed at directors, managers, and individuals with a voice in creating organizational policies.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/creating-sustainable-copyright-policies> for our upcoming Creating Sustainable Copyright Policies webinar on Tuesday, 12/13 from 2:30-4 p.m..

Last Chance - Don't Miss These!
Explora from Front to Back
EBSCO Explora has been updated! Learn about the new configuration options available and how they can impact everything from page layouts, to resources searched, to how the results are displayed.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/online-database-overviews-explora-from-front-to-back> for our free Explora from Front to Back webinar on Wednesday, 9/7/2022 from 2-3:30 p.m.

Basics of Creating Original Catalog Records
Learn how to find and assess MARC record data to copy (and modify) so you'll never have to start with a blank work form again.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/basics-of-creating-original-catalog-records> for our upcoming Basics of Creating Original Catalog Records webinar on Tuesday, 9/13/22 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

Exploring Identities: Socio-Economic Status
This webinar explores the concepts of socioeconomic status and social class. Through interactive discussion, attendees will consider how they can lead to exclusion and examine how to mitigate the negative impact of bias in these areas.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/exploring-identities-intro-to-socio-economic-status> for our upcoming Exploring Identities: Socio-Economic Status on Thursday 9/15/22 from 2-3 p.m.*
* To ensure a safe and open learning environment for this topic, our session will not be recorded and will not be available in our Training Archive.

Simplify Original Cataloging with Tools
Explore ways you can streamline your original cataloging workflows with tools and tactics like derive functions, constant data sets, template creation, record copying and more.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/simplify-your-original-cataloging-with-tools> for our upcoming Simplify Original Cataloging with Tools webinar on Tuesday, 9/27 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

As always, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org> with any questions you might have!
Cheers,
Shelly