[OPLINLIST] CSLP news: 2025 slogan, 2026 theme, survey, newsletter

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Wed Aug 31 16:36:36 EDT 2022

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Greetings from the Collaborative Summer Library Program annual meeting. Today the CSLP state reps voted their states' choices for 2025 program slogan and 2026 program theme. I'm pleased to share that the overall winners were the same as the winners in the Ohio vote:

The slogan for the 2025 ART-themed CSLP summer program with artwork by Brian Floca<https://brianfloca.com/> will be Color Our World.
The theme for the 2026 program will be dinosaurs.

Between now and then:
2023: Theme is Friendship and Kindness. Slogan "All Together Now."  Artist is Frank Morrison<https://morrisongraphics.com/collections/childrens-books>.
2024: Theme is Adventure. Slogan "Adventure Begins at Your Library."  Artist is Juana Martinez-Neal<https://juanamartinezneal.com/>.

******************

Among many other topics and issues, the annual meeting attendees (CSLP state reps, board members, committee chairs, and staff) discussed best avenues for public library workers to provide feedback and ideas to CSLP. As you know, you can always contact me, anytime, with questions, suggestions, and other feedback about CSLP, as well as about state-based summer library program supports.

CSLP also offers an annual survey<https://forms.gle/Bg2izw8TrS99swn68> that any public library worker in the US may complete.  The first set of questions on this survey let you provide feedback directly to CSLP on 2022 CSLP products and services, and ideas for future CSLP programs. Find the CSLP survey here: https://forms.gle/Bg2izw8TrS99swn68.

The CSLP survey collects comparable information from library workers across the country and will provide powerful and useful information and insights. This survey will close September 9, the same day as the Ohio SLP Evaluation Survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/slpeval2022>, which every Ohio public library is asked to complete.

Thank you for considering sharing your feedback directly with CSLP, in addition to (you or someone else at your library system) completing the state survey. In future, I expect to streamline Ohio's end-of-summer data collection process so you are not asked the same questions twice!

******************

Finally, the August CSLP newsletter came out today, and includes a preview of the Frank Morrison art for next year's All Together Now program. Check it out here:
https://mailchi.mp/68b234859150/cslp-newsletter-august-2022

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D8BD52.95BA4490]