[OPLINLIST] Explore Justice Equity Diversity and Inclusion with OhioNet and the Diversity Center of Northeast Ohio.

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Tue Jul 12 08:49:03 EDT 2022

Hi folks,

Our series of sessions on Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) with SHIFT Consulting continues in this fall with two webinars that delve into specific dimensions of inclusion: exploring the impact of socio-economic status<https://www.ohionet.org/event/exploring-identities-intro-to-socio-economic-status> on 9/15 and examining diversity in faiths<https://www.ohionet.org/event/exploring-identities-diversity-in-faith> on 11/10. Looking for more in-depth discussions on these topics? Check out our two-part live learning event<https://www.ohionet.org/event/bias-and-micro-messages-virtual-workshop-series>, starting on December 1, that introduces the concept of bias and how it can impact our communication with others.

To ensure a safe and open learning environment for these complex topics, these two webinars will not be recorded and will not be available as part of our Training Archive. Additional details and links to register for all these events, and more, can be found on our Training Page<https://www.ohionet.org/training>.

Featured Events - JEDI Series
Exploring Identities: Socio-Economic Status
This webinar explores the concepts of socioeconomic status and social class. Through interactive discussion, attendees will consider how they can lead to exclusion and examine how to mitigate the negative impact of bias in these areas.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/exploring-identities-intro-to-socio-economic-status> for our upcoming Exploring Identities: Socio-Economic Status on Thursday 9/15/22 from 2-3 p.m.*
*No recording will be made and this material will not be available in the Training Archive.

Exploring Identities: Diversity in Faith
Faith and religion play important roles in society. In this webinar, we'll explore the impact of religious diversity, the skills to mitigate religious bias, and how advocate for equitable treatment of different groups.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/exploring-identities-diversity-in-faith> for our upcoming Exploring Identities: Diversity in Faith on Thursday, 11/10/22 from 2-3 p.m.*
*No recording will be made and this material will not be available in the Training Archive.

Bias & Micro Messages Live Learning Series
This hands-on, two-part live learning event serves as a starting point for diversity and inclusion programming. It explores the phenomena of bias and how professionals can minimize its effects on employee and customer/client relations

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/bias-and-micro-messages-virtual-workshop-series> for our upcoming Bias and Micro Messages live learning series on Thursdays, 12/1/22 and 12/8/22 from 2-4 p.m.*
*No recording will be made and this material will not be available in the Training Archive.

Last Chance - Don't Miss These!
Don't miss your opportunity to register for these events. As always, you can visit our training page<https://www.ohionet.org/training> for a full listing of all our upcoming professional development and continuing education opportunities.

Resources for Digital Literacy, Equity, and Inclusion
Join this free webinar to learn about the role you and your library can play to support the development of crucial digital skills for your community members with Northstar Digital Literacy.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/resources-for-digital-literacy-equity-and-inclusion> for our upcoming Resources for Digital Literacy, Equity, and Inclusion on Tuesday, 7/19/2022 from 2-3 p.m.

Audio-Visual Materials Overview
Get an overview of the aspects of audio-visual catalog records that make them so interesting to create and, sometimes, so tricky to use.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/audio-visual-materials-overview> for our upcoming Audio-Visual Materials Overview webinar on Thursday, 7/21 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

Key MARC Fields for Audio-Visual Cataloging
Walk through, line-by-line, common fields and MARC coding found in records for many audio-visual materials. Learn to identify the aspects of these records that are most useful for your community.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/key-marc-fields-for-audio-visual-cataloging> for our upcoming Key MARC Field for Audio-Visual Cataloging on Tuesday, 8/2 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

As always, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org> with any questions you might have!

Cheers,

Shelly