[OPLINLIST] Job Opening: STEM Program Coordinator

Julie McClellan juliemcclellan at lebanonlibrary.org
Fri Jul 22 10:39:30 EDT 2022

Lebanon Public Library
Lebanon, Ohio

Employment Opportunity

STEM Program Coordinator

Full Time Position

The Lebanon Public Library is seeking a dynamic, creative, and teamwork-oriented individual who will provide strong public library services to older children, teens, and adults in our community.  The STEM Program Coordinator position is full time, scheduled at 40 hours per week, working a flexible schedule, which includes evenings and weekends on a rotating basis.  The Coordinator will work out of the Library’s Technology Center.
Duties of this position include:

  *   Developing and facilitating engaging STEM programming for youth ages 10-18, such as coding, 3D printing, and Lego Robotics
  *   Offering technological support to patrons on the Library computers and their personal devices
  *   Educating patrons on how to navigate the Library’s online resources, including our website, databases, and downloads
  *   Assisting patrons in using the Library’s technology, including printing, scanning, and faxing
  *   Other Technology Center duties, as needed
Qualifications for this position include:

  *   Bachelor’s degree or greater level of educational attainment preferred
  *   Aptitude for, knowledge of, and interest in computers, science, technology, electronics, and math
  *   Experience facilitating youth programming preferred
Unique aspects of this workplace:
The Lebanon Public Library is located in historic downtown Lebanon, Ohio.   The 20,000 square foot facility includes the original Carnegie portion of the building, which opened in 1908. Story time facilities and a technology center were added in 2015; the project was included in the 2015 Architecture Issue of Library Journal.
We have a “dream it and do it” philosophy here and welcome staff members’ innovative ideas and projects, even if they go beyond the scope of their regular job description. This often results in collaborations between staff members from different departments or even partnerships with other area organizations. Excellence in customer service is a top priority.
Salary range:
$22.00 per hour with Master’s Degree, $18.00 per hour with Bachelor’s degree. Starting compensation depends on qualifications and experience. We offer paid health, dental, and life insurance to full-time employees, as well as other valuable benefits.
Application:
For consideration, applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest to:
Julie K. McClellan, Library Director
Lebanon Public Library
101 South Broadway
Lebanon, OH 45036
OR
juliemcclellan at lebanonlibrary.org<mailto:juliemcclellan at lebanonlibrary.org>
Applications will be reviewed as received. The position is open until filled.

July 21, 2022

Julie K. McClellan, MLIS
Director
juliemcclellan at lebanonlibrary.org

[cid:6980f079-4166-4cbd-ac17-a7ccc6ef0fea]
Lebanon Public Library
101 South Broadway
Lebanon, OH  45036
www.lebanonlibrary.org<http://www.lebanonlibrary.org>