[OPLINLIST] New webinars just added at OhioNet—cataloging, copyright and more!

Shelly Miller shellym at ohionet.org
Wed Jun 22 13:00:49 EDT 2022

Hi folks,

The past few weeks have been busy as we’ve put the final touches in a large batch of new events that will be taking place over the next few months and covering a variety of topic areas. First, for individuals working in reference, circulation and outreach, check out our freely available session on Northstar Digital Literacy tools<https://www.ohionet.org/event/resources-for-digital-literacy-equity-and-inclusion> that’s happening in a few weeks. We’ll follow that with another free session—this one on Explora and its settings<https://www.ohionet.org/event/online-database-overviews-explora-from-front-to-back>.

For catalogers, we’ve brought back training for folks working with audio-visual materials, starting with an introductory session<https://www.ohionet.org/event/audio-visual-materials-overview> suitable for any new staff members, followed by a webinar covering key MARC fields<https://www.ohionet.org/event/key-marc-fields-for-audio-visual-cataloging> for folks who manage and edit catalog records scheduled for early August. Need to create new catalog records from scratch for local or unique items? We’ve got you covered with sessions including suggestions for creating just a few records<https://www.ohionet.org/event/basics-of-creating-original-catalog-records> or options for streamlining larger batches with tools<https://www.ohionet.org/event/simplify-your-original-cataloging-with-tools>.

Finally, we’re also talking about how to handle copyright questions at your library<https://www.ohionet.org/event/copyright-in-action-coping-with-copyright-questions> and suggestions for getting permission to use copyrighted material<https://www.ohionet.org/event/copyright-in-action-getting-permissions-2>. Additional details and links to register for all these events are listed below or you can head to our Training Page<https://www.ohionet.org/training> to see everything we’re currently offering.

Reference & Resources
Resources for Digital Literacy, Equity, and Inclusion
Join this free webinar to learn about the role you and your library can play to support the development of crucial digital skills for your community members with Northstar Digital Literacy.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/resources-for-digital-literacy-equity-and-inclusion> for our upcoming Resources for Digital Literacy, Equity, and Inclusion on Tuesday, 7/19/2022 from 2-3 p.m.

Explora from Front to Back
Learn about the configuration options available for your instance of EBSCO Explora and how they can impact everything from page layouts to resources searched.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/online-database-overviews-explora-from-front-to-back> for our FREE upcoming Explora from Front to Back webinar on Wednesday, 9/7 from 2-3:30 p.m.

Cataloging & Discovery
Audio-Visual Materials Overview
Get an overview of the aspects of audio-visual catalog records that make them so interesting to create and, sometimes, so tricky to use.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/audio-visual-materials-overview> for our upcoming Audio-Visual Materials Overview webinar on Thursday, 7/21 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

Key MARC Fields for Audio-Visual Cataloging
Walk through, line-by-line, common fields and MARC coding found in records for many audio-visual materials. Learn to identify the aspects of these records that are most useful for your community.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/key-marc-fields-for-audio-visual-cataloging> for our upcoming Key MARC Field for Audio-Visual Cataloging webinar on Tuesday, 8/2 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

Creating Original Catalog Records
Learn how to find and assess MARC record data to copy (and modify) so you’ll never have to start with a blank work form again.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/basics-of-creating-original-catalog-records> for our upcoming Creating Original Catalog Records webinar on Tuesday, 9/13 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

Simplify Your Original Cataloging with Tools
Explore ways you can streamline your original cataloging workflows with tools and tactics like derive functions, constant data sets, template creation, record copying and more.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/simplify-your-original-cataloging-with-tools> for our upcoming Coping with Simplify Original Cataloging with Tools webinar on Tuesday, 9/27 from 1:30-3:30 p.m.

Preservation & Access
Coping with Copyright Questions at Your Library
Learn how to address copyright questions for many different workplace scenarios.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/copyright-in-action-coping-with-copyright-questions> for our upcoming Coping with Copyright Questions at Your Library on Thursday, 8/11 from 2:30-4 p.m.

Getting Permission to Use Copyrighted Material
Getting permission to use copyrighted material doesn’t have to be stressful. In this webinar you’ll learn the recommended steps you should take to pave the way for a “Yes!” to your request.

Register here<https://www.ohionet.org/event/copyright-in-action-getting-permissions-2> for our upcoming Getting Permission to Use Copyrighted Materials webinar on Tuesday, 10/4 from 2:30-4 p.m.

As always, contact us<mailto:ohionet at ohionet.org> with any questions you might have!

Cheers,

Shelly