[OPLINLIST] Announcing the 2022 ALAO Conference Call for Proposals

ALAO Public Relations Coordinator publicrelations at alaoweb.org
Thu Mar 3 13:19:16 EST 2022

EXCUSE ANY CROSS POSTING

2022 Annual Conference Call for Proposals
The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) conference planning
committee invites you to submit proposals for the 48thAnnual Conference, The
Tipping Point: Initiating Change in Academic Libraries.

As libraries challenge long-standing traditions and question our neutral
stance, small changes or incidents often result in greater consequences.
Share with your colleagues your programs, stories, and examples of
defining, transformational moments in your libraries.

*Conference Date:* November 3-4, 2022

*Conference Location:* Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center, Lewis
Center, Ohio

*Submission Deadline:  April 15, 2022*

*Call for Proposals:* https://www.alaoweb.org/conferences/2022/proposals

*Submission Form:* https://tinyurl.com/alao2022submissions

We encourage thoughtful, timely proposals from all areas of library work.
Adherence to the conference theme is encouraged but not required.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

   - Barriers to accessing information
   -

   Censorship
   -

   Crisis management
   -

   DEI in Information Literacy Instruction
   -

   Emerging technology solutions
   -

   Inclusive cataloging and collections
   -

   Libraries as space/third space
   -

   Misinformation
   -

   Service changes/transitions

One proposal form will be used for all presentation types:

   -

   Presentation (or other 50-minute session)
   -

   Poster Session
   -

   Lightning talk (brief live session)

If you have a unique format idea, not listed above, please submit it under
the presentation option (Panel discussions, etc... )

We invite you to contribute your ideas to make 2022 the best ALAO
conference yet.