[OPLINLIST] Free Califone headphones to first person to ask

Steve Owley sowley at westervillelibrary.org
Thu May 5 10:20:46 EDT 2022

Good morning!

I have some headphones of the old Califone Explorer variety. 1/8" plug (not the 1/4" mono plug); replaceable, telephone style connector at the headphone end; grey; stereo. Volume knob, at least on most of them. Easy to clean, with removable plastic earpads.

If you are wondering if you could use these, you probably cannot--these type headphones fill a very specific educational niche. Not for music. If you are already using these, they would have value as replacements and for parts.

24 or so--I have not had opportunity to count them. Offered as-is, in number and condition, though they look OK and in my experience are easy to repair if something has come loose. When the cords wore out, we used to just nip the end off and crimp on a new phone connector.

I will ship them to you. I will weed out any that are obviously unusable at a glance. Will not split the number up--you will get all of them. Deadline for requesting 5/5/2022 @ noon.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Owley