[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: New DEI Resource Page, Genealogy, Evaluating Managers, Ohio Center for Book & More

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Thu Oct 20 12:03:10 EDT 2022

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8842071.htm>

[http://viethconsulting.com/newsletter/8842071/6422003163/headerimage7232.gif] <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66702549&nr=6422003163>
NEO-RLS News-October 19, 2022
Still Time to Register
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/94519_08232022155628.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66704993&nr=6422003163>
A Note From the Executive Director
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/81676_11022021091152.jpg]In September 2021, the NEO-RLS DEIA Strategies Committee was charged with creating a DEI resources page for the NEO-RLS website. Today, I would like to officially introduce the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Resources page <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66851633&nr=6422003163> . The DEIA Committee set out to create a page to colocate resources that could be helpful to our members. The resources have been structured into four categories including Leadership, Surveys, Organizational Culture, Collections, and NEO-RLS archived webinars. In addition to gathering the resources, committee members have reviewed each resource for relevancy and accuracy. This page will continue to evolve as new resources become available. I would like to thank the DEIA Strategies Committee members, both past and present, who have volunteered their time to this project.

If you have any DEIA resources that you feel would benefit NEO-RLS members, or if you have concerns for any resources that are currently listed, please send your feedback to me at ragan.snead at neo-rls.org<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66850411&nr=6422003163>.

Have a great day!
Ragan
Post and Share Continuing Education Opportunities
CE @ a Glance <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66706215&nr=6422003163>  is a simple one-page flyer to distribute to your staff.  You can print it, link it, or post it, please share it.
Spotlight On…
Visit our homepage<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66707437&nr=6422003163> feature, Spotlight On…, for more information on our newest offerings.  Information about the newly released 2021-2022 Annual Report is highlighted.
Upcoming DEIA Webinars and Online Workshops-These are Not Recorded
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/Calendar.png] Intersectionality 101<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66709881&nr=6422003163>
11/2/2022
Service Anchors: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Youth Library Services and Programming <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66703771&nr=6422003163>
11/9/2022
Recognizing Bias<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66748985&nr=6422003163>
12/1/2022
Addressing Microaggressions <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66750207&nr=6422003163>
12/14/2022
Where is the Jobline?
Check out the job postings at the new  Jobline location on the website <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66702549&nr=6422003163> under Services.
NEO-RLS Announcements
We are hiring!
The NEO-RLS Board is seeking a collaborative, professional, and proactive leader to serve as the next Fiscal Officer. We encourage you to apply or share the posting with anyone who may be interested. A full description of the job position, including salary and benefits, can be found here<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66852855&nr=6422003163> . The deadline for application submission is October 26, 2022.
Thank you to those that have returned their letter of intent

You should have received your 2023-2024 (July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024).  Our fiscal year runs from July-June and as a result, we begin planning our budget in January.  We ask for your assistance with this by returning your Letter of Intent prior to December 31, 2022.  Your membership is important to us and to the libraries in our region.  Without you, we are unable to provide a robust schedule of continuing education opportunities and other services.   With you, we are maximizing library potential!  Thank you!
Evaluating
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/97054_10182022150259.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66718435&nr=6422003163>
From the State Library of Ohio
Libraries continue to respond to the unparalleled challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic with innovative and creative solutions and an unwavering commitment to the values and principles of library service. The State Library understands these challenges and is here to help Ohio libraries develop and enhance programs and services to meet the needs of their communities. Ohio LSTA grants are an essential part of our service, and we encourage all types of libraries to submit proposals for Ohio  LSTA Competitive Grants <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66751429&nr=6422003163>  within the following four categories:

#CLEReads YA Book Festival
Cleveland Public Library, Main Library Louis Stokes Wing, 525 Superior Avenue
Saturday, October 22, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
The Cleveland Public Library hosts the #CLEReads YA Book Festival, with the theme of “Beyond our Borders: Highlighting the beauty of our diverse communities.” The festival aims to promote literacy and foster a deep love for reading in the Cleveland community, emphasizing the importance of championing diversity in what we read and recommend to others.
The Ohio Department of Health has published a new  Community Wellbeing: Social Determinants of Health dashboard <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66746541&nr=6422003163> . The dashboard provides insight into community conditions that can inform local decision-making, including by the library. It uses data from the Census Bureau, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and American Community Survey. These data are from the census tract and county levels. Users can filter the data on five domains including:

Read More<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66724545&nr=6422003163>
Help Your Patrons Discover Their Herritage
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/96100_09272022092931.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66714769&nr=6422003163>
From Ohio Center for the Book
I wanted to share the news that the Ohio Center for the Book has a podcast - Page Count - with latest episodes listed at  https://ohiocenterforthebook.org/podcast/ <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66731877&nr=6422003163>  and available wherever you subscribe to your favorite podcasts.

*Page Count* is an interview-format podcast presented by Ohio Center for the Book that celebrates authors, librarians, booksellers, illustrators, publishing professionals, and literary advocates in and from the state of Ohio.

Read More<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66733099&nr=6422003163>

[http://neo-rls.org/photos/EmailIcon3.png]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66728211&nr=6422003163>
Email<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66728211&nr=6422003163> Us or Follow Us on Facebook<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66729433&nr=6422003163>
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/TheFB4.png]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66729433&nr=6422003163>

<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=66730655&nr=6422003163>
Newsletter - NEO-RLS News-October 19, 2022

Northeast Ohio Regional Library System | 1737 Georgetown Rd., Suite B | Hudson, OH 44236

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8842071.htm>
To share this via social networks, click here... <https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8842071.htm#SHARE>