[OPLINLIST] Library Associate - Library on Wheels

Terri Manney tmanney at midpointelibrary.org
Thu Apr 6 15:10:17 EDT 2023

MidPointe Library Middletown- Associate - Full Time – Outreach

We have a full-time opening for a customer-oriented individual who likes to be out and about in the community visiting schools, senior centers & participating in neighborhood events & parades.

To thrive in the environment, you don’t need library experience, we can teach you!

At the MidPointe Library System, our mission is to enrich our community through access and experiences. We do that by connecting a curious community to our library services and strive to provide a positive learning experience.

Our outreach department provides library services on the road, generally in our bookmobile, at a school, or at an event. You’ll provide our patrons with excellent customer service by providing library services such as answering questions; giving reading recommendations; providing computer assistance; giving assistance with digital resources, and shelving. See the link below for the complete job description.

MidPointe is located on the east side of Butler County, Ohio in a vibrant, dynamic, diverse community that enjoys community support. Nestled between Cincinnati and Dayton, the area has a wide variety of schools, entertainment, dining experiences, sports, and cultural events. We have something for everyone!

To be successful, you will need to:

  *   Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
  *   Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable motor vehicle record & continuous insurability on the library's insurance.
  *   Must be able to safely drive, ride & work in all library fleet vehicles, including the 30' bookmobile, as well as operate all controls of all the vehicles.
  *   Must be friendly, approachable & provide a positive experience to patrons.
  *   Must have excellent customer service, a strong service ethic, excellent problem-solving skills, adapt rapidly to change, & thrive in a busy environment.
  *   Must have computer experience that includes MS Office, & the Internet.
  *   Need to be able to independently (& with others), quickly, & favorably respond to new or changed responsibilities &/or situations & be able to prioritize & handle confidential information.
  *   Have a good knowledge of literature that appeals to children, teens & adults.
  *   Must be able to effectively read (including cursive), write, speak & understand English.
  *   Must have sufficient clarity of speech and hearing & respond effectively to alarms, traffic, etc.
  *   Must have sufficient visual acuity to distinguish letters, words, & numbers.
  *   Regular & predictable physical attendance is required.

Hours:

40 hours per week including days, evenings & occasional holidays. A sample work schedule:

Mon 8am-5pm, Tues 8am-5pm, Wed 10am-7pm, Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri – off, Sat 8am-5pm, Sun – off.

Salary:

The pay range is $15.50 – 22.00, depending on job factors such as experience, education, and skills.

Benefits:

Full-time benefits include state retirement plan; direct deposit; medical, health savings account, wellness, dental, vision, and life insurance; accrued vacation, sick, and short-term disability; granted personal time and floating holidays; paid holidays; education assistance; granted Emergency Paid Sick Leave for Covid sickness usage; employee assistance plan, and more.

Physical Requirements:

-Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate library equipment that will enable assurance of position requirements. When necessary, must shovel snow, and empty trash.

-Must be able to regularly move up to 30 pounds of library materials up and down vehicle steps; move crates that could weigh up to 50 pounds when full on and off all library vehicles; and move book carts that, when full, could weigh up to 200 pounds

-Must be able to work in areas that may contain cleaning odors, dust or other possible allergens.

Apply:

Complete a required MidPointe Library System employment application found at: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/6138957.jobs?ShowAllOpenings. A resume & cover letter may be uploaded with your application.

Inquiries:

The full job description for this opening is available on our website  https://www.midpointelibrary.org/page/jobs.

Please, only call the library if you need assistance in completing an application for the required online submission.

Terri Manney
Human Resources Assistant
MidPointe Library System
125 S Broad St