[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: Consulting that will help your library

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Wed Dec 13 13:23:34 EST 2023

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Newsletter%20Header%20Update.png]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Did%20You%20Know%20Consulting%20Slide%20Dec%202023%20Update.jpg]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Ragan%20Snead.jfif]

A Note From the
Executive Director

Discover the array of consulting services available to NEO-RLS members! Our commitment is to deliver cost-effective and tailored solutions that cater to the unique needs of each library. The NEO-RLS team brings a wealth of combined experience and a dedicated passion for ensuring the success of our member libraries.

In the previous fiscal year, we successfully executed 8 strategic plans, played a crucial role in organizing 14 staff days, and delivered 3 customized training sessions. As we approach the New Year, our consulting calendar is filling up fast, making this edition of the NEO-RLS Newsletter the perfect opportunity to spotlight these valuable services.

Remember, Gold Members enjoy the benefit of receiving 4 FREE hours of consulting annually.

For inquiries about our consulting services, feel free to reach out to me at ragan.snead at neo-rls.org<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org>.

Have a great day!

Ragan

2024 Continuing Education

January

HR and Legal Update: Recent Changes in the Law and Trends Impacting Public Libraries<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246964657&mm=87015167529>

1/9/2024

Strategic Leadership<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246965879&mm=87015167529>

1/10/2024

Children's Summer Reading Workshop: Adventure Begins at Your Library<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246967101&mm=87015167529>

1/11/2024

Gamifying the Onboarding Process<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246968323&mm=87015167529>

1/18/2024

Weeders Attract More Readers<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246969545&mm=87015167529>

1/23/2024

Calm Challenging Patrons: How to Navigate Difficult Interactions<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=113068&org_id=NEOL>

1/24/2024

So, You Want to be a Manager?<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246971989&mm=87015167529>

1/25/2024

February

Teen Summer Reading Program: Adventure Begins at Your Library<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246973211&mm=87015167529>

2/1/2024

Adult SRP: Adventure Begins at Your Library<https://mms.neo-rls.org/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=113051&org_id=NEOL>

2/8/2024

Leading Through Transitions<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246975655&mm=87015167529>

2/14/2024

Using EXCEL for Employee Accountability<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246976877&mm=87015167529>

2/15/2024

Mark your calendar for New Supervisors' Academy
Thursday, February 22, 2023 registration coming soon!

Living Well With Dementia: The Dementia Inclusive Public Library Guide<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246978099&mm=87015167529>

2/28/2024

 New programs are being added daily watch the website for more programs.

[View Full Calendar]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Suzy%20Schroeder%20Green%20Testimonial.jpg]

Strategic Planning

NEO-RLS provides a versatile approach to strategic planning with tracks, allowing us to tailor the process precisely to your library's unique requirements. We have successfully facilitated strategic plans for both public and academic libraries. Our experienced team guides the process, involving your Board, engaging community stakeholders, and collaborating with staff to articulate long-term goals and objectives. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive framework for the final report and subsequent actionable steps. For detailed insights into our process and associated costs, click here<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246980543&mm=87015167529>.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Board Development

At the core of a library's community engagement lies the trustees, pivotal figures who should not only champion the library but also serve as informed guides for its growth and success. NEO-RLS presents a flexible and effective Board Development training program, allowing you to customize your approach and instill a culture of trustee professionalism. For detailed information, click here<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246981765&mm=87015167529>.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Pamela%20Lausin%20Testimonial.jpg]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Announcements.jpg]

We are Interested in Your Unique Program

Each summer reading workshop will include a programming palooza.  The programming palooza is where one or two people share their program at a table for about 8 minutes and then those at the table have 5 minutes to ask questions. The attendees then move to another table and the person sharing presents again. It's a bit like musical chairs because people look for an open spot. We do about 6 rounds of this. I am also going to freeze tables so those that present can hear at least one other program.  In addition, those who share their programs create a one-sheet that tells you all about the program so if you cannot get to that table, you still have the information and contact info.

If you are interested in sharing your unique program for either the children, teen, or adult summer reading workshop please email Melissa Lattanzi <mailto:lattanzm at neo-rls.org> no later than December 18th.

We are in the process of planning the 2024 Day for Public Service

Tell us what topics you would like to see covered during this event.  Please click this link <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246982987&mm=87015167529> to share your feedback.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Children%E2%80%99s%20SRP%20Workshop%202024.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246967101&mm=87015167529>

Staff Day Planning

NEO-RLS provides comprehensive Staff Day planning services tailored to your needs – whether it's for a single library, multiple libraries, or an entire county or specified area. We offer assistance in securing speakers, identifying a venue, or handling the entire day's coordination. Let us alleviate the worry and stress associated with Staff Day planning, allowing you to invest in your staff's professional development seamlessly. Click here<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246984209&mm=87015167529> for in-depth information regarding our services and associated costs.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Jennifer%20Buch%20Testimonial.jpg]

Customized Consulting

Explore the diverse range of customized consulting services offered by NEO-RLS:

  *   One-on-One Management Coaching: Our personalized coaching sessions for managers focus on identifying strengths, utilizing an in-house, leadership assessment tool. We discuss general and specific management scenarios, offering solutions to enhance skills and boost confidence.
  *   Dialogue Facilitation: We assist in guiding and managing discussions among community members, leadership, and other stakeholders to facilitate informed decision-making, provide feedback, and gather information.
  *   Training to Meet Your Needs: Tailor-made training programs designed to meet the specific needs of your library, ensuring relevant and impactful learning experiences.
  *   Team Building: Foster inter-departmental cooperation with our team-building exercises, strategically crafted to build trust, enhance communication, and improve overall effectiveness.
  *   Grant Review: Save time and enhance funding success by having our staff review grant proposals and provide valuable feedback.

For further information and details on costs, please reach out to Ragan Snead<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org>, Executive Director.

.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Strategic%20Leadership%202024%20slide_1.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246965879&mm=87015167529>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Account%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246985431&mm=87015167529>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/CE%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246986653&mm=87015167529>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Jobline.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=246987875&mm=87015167529>

[E-Mail]<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org>