[OPLINLIST] Magazines/EBSCO opinions

Gerry Vogel gvogel at avonlake.lib.oh.us
Thu Dec 14 10:15:20 EST 2023

We are very selective about "order direct" The only one currently and for
some years that has been worth it is Magnolia. The interfaces for
subscribing to this are horrible and it is hard to troubleshoot and even to
get an invoice.

There is another that is a membership based journal but it is donated.

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 3:05 PM Elaine Talbert via OPLINLIST <
oplinlist at lists.oplin.org> wrote:

> We use WT Cox and have similar experience; the magazine companies are
> requiring us to order directly.
> Elaine Talbert
> Defiance Public Library
> 320 Fort Street
> Defiance, OH  43512
> 419-782-1456  (ext 1122)
> 419-782-6821 (fax)
>

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 2:12 PM Dylan Posa via OPLINLIST <
> oplinlist at lists.oplin.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> We still have a somewhat busy periodicals section at our library, but it
>> seems like a lot more of my time is spent handling all the changes with
>> titles. It feels like a lot more titles are leaving EBSCO and moving to
>> "Order Direct" status. Do those of you who use WT Cox have the same
>> problems? Do any librarians use direct subscriptions at all, and if so, how
>> do you manage and maintain them if they're all on different schedules?
>>
>> Thank you in advance,
>>
>> Dylan Posa
>> Information Desk Supervisor/Acquisitions Manager
>> Lebanon Public Library
>> 101 S. Broadway
>> Lebanon OH 45036
>> lebanonlibrary.org <http://www.lebanonlibrary.org>

Gerry Vogel: MLIS, Ohio CPL
Assistant Director, Avon Lake Public Library
32649 Electric Blvd. Avon Lake OH 44012 www.alpl.org
tel: 440-933-8128 x239  fax: 440-933-6406
'There is always a well-known solution to every human problem--neat,
plausible, and wrong' – *H. L. Mencken, 1920*