[OPLINLIST] Quick poll: online coupons for summer reading incentives?

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Fri Jan 6 09:54:55 EST 2023

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Good morning,

Several Ohio establishments partner with the State Library of Ohio to provide discount coupons that public libraries can distribute as incentives for Summer Library Program participants. These include the Ohio State Fair, Ohio State Parks, and Ohio Renaissance Festival, and occasionally one or two others.

I've been asked by one of the partners about possibly offering an online coupon code (instead or in addition to printable coupons). Instead of handing out print coupons, libraries might text or email summer reading participants a coupon code and link to the reservation system or event website, etc.

I opened a quick poll to gather input from the library community about online incentive coupons. Please share your thoughts: https://forms.office.com/g/XfDcxsKjdz

BTW, this doesn't signal an imminent change. I expect to offer printable coupons from our partners for summer 2023, though one MIGHT offer an online option if there is lots of interest. Thanks in advance for your input!

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D921B4.813033B0]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer (she/her)