[OPLINLIST] Please share your stories - ALA survey on digital literacy

Christine Morris christine at oplin.ohio.gov
Mon Jan 23 12:33:36 EST 2023

 Greetings,

The Department of Labor, in coordination with IMLS and others, has issued a
request for information about digital literacy and digital resilience as it
relates to local workforce development.  ALA has developed a form for
libraries to share the stories of their work, and they need to hear your
story
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3uwMKaHEi7QXbSFhVUhXBgPTxTNi5HnCGAdd49VXb3YcfRA/viewform>
!

The input gathered by ALA will inform future grant opportunities and public
policy, which will in turn impact our libraries and our communities.

You may remember the PLA survey in 2020 about library responses to COVID-19
<https://www.ala.org/pla/sites/ala.org.pla/files/content/advocacy/covid-19/PLA-Libraries-Respond-Survey_Aggregate-Results_FINAL2.pdf>.
That data was used in many different ways to advocate for library support.
This will be a similarly important opportunity for you to share the value
of your work and the many different ways that public libraries connect with
and serve their communities.

Many thanks for taking the time to share the wonderful work of your library!

Christine
--
Christine Morris (she/her)
Digital Resources Manager