[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: Staff Day Interest, Dynamic Dialogue, Adult Programming, ALA Survey, & State Library

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Thu Jan 26 14:36:38 EST 2023

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8981379.htm>

[http://viethconsulting.com/newsletter/8981379/6566955581/headerimage7346.gif]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70054495&nr=6566955581>
NEO-RLS News-January 25, 2023
Take Care of You
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/100158_12282022091144.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70081379&nr=6566955581>
A Note From the Executive Director
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/81676_11022021091152.jpg]
At NEO-RLS, we are busy preparing a full year of continuing education programs and in-person events. One event that we are hoping many of you will be excited to see return in 2023, is Staff Day! This event provides an opportunity for staff development and networking with other libraries. Our last in-person Staff Day was held in 2019 and we hope to bring this popular event back on Monday, October 9th, 2023. However, we need feedback from YOU to move forward in the planning process. If possible, we want to know which libraries would be interested in participating and an estimated number of individual participants.

If you think your library would be interested in attending NEO-RLS 2023 Staff Day, please complete the brief interest poll here <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70093599&nr=6566955581> .

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach out to me at ragan.snead at neo-rls.org <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70056939&nr=6566955581>

Have a great day!

Ragan
Distribute and Share CE @ a Glance
CE @ a Glance <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70058161&nr=6566955581>  is a simple one-page flyer to distribute to your staff.  You can print it, link it, or post it, please share it.
February Programs

[https://neo-rls.org/photos/Calendar.png]Attentional Fitness: Sneaking Mindful Habits into Real Life <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70081379&nr=6566955581>
2/1/2023
Human Resource and Fiscal Officer Virtual Networking Meeting <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70082601&nr=6566955581>
2/3/2023
HR Challenges and Opportunities in 2023<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70083823&nr=6566955581>
2/7/2023
Strategic Leadership<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70085045&nr=6566955581>
2/8/2023
Intersectionality 101<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70059383&nr=6566955581>
2/14/2023
The Science of Library Marketing: Why Now is the Perfect Time to Experiment with Your Library Promotions (And How to Do It) <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70086267&nr=6566955581>
2/15/2023
Warming Up to Summer<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70060605&nr=6566955581>
2/16/2023
Adult SRP: All Together Now Palooza<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70065493&nr=6566955581>
2/21/2023
New Supervisors' Academy<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70055717&nr=6566955581>
2/23/2023

Leadership
[https://neo-rls.org/photos/100161_12282022092749.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70085045&nr=6566955581>
NEO-RLS Announcements

Mark Your Calendar for Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Dynamic Dialogue:  Push Back Against Book Challenges, .   Dynamic Dialogue takes the place of Critical Conversations.  Watch for more details coming soon.

We Still Need You!
Do you have a successful Adult Program that you would like to share with your peers?   Come be part of  Adult SRP: All Together Now Palooza<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70065493&nr=6566955581> on February 21, 2023.  Contact Melissa Lattanzi <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70066715&nr=6566955581>  if you are interested sharing your idea at the palooza.
DEIA
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/101748_01242023161522.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70059383&nr=6566955581>
From the State Library
The Ohio Department of Education, Office of Nutrition is hosting a Summer Food Program Summit<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70088711&nr=6566955581> to continue the valuable work of ensuring every Ohio child can access a healthy summer meal.

The State Library is hosting a workshop this Thursday, February 2 at 3:30 p.m. called Spotlight on Diverse Graphic Novels. In this workshop, participants will take a deeper look at your collections of graphic novels for children and teens—exploring various genres, curricular areas, and cultural experience areas.
Applications are now being accepted for public libraries to host a Guiding Ohio Online Technology Trainer.  Guiding Ohio Online <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70089933&nr=6566955581>  is a State Library LSTA funded program created to assist libraries serving rural populations. Guiding Ohio Online Technology Trainers help Ohioans develop the skills needed to fully participate in the digital age.

Read More<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70074047&nr=6566955581>
Uncomfortable Situations
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/101734_01242023134914.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70087489&nr=6566955581>

ALA Survey on Digital Literacy
The Department of Labor, in coordination with IMLS and others, has issued a request for information about digital literacy and digital resilience as it relates to local workforce development.  ALA has developed a form for libraries to share the stories of their work, and they need to hear your story<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70091155&nr=6566955581>!

The input gathered by ALA will inform future grant opportunities and public policy, which will in turn impact our libraries and our communities.

You may remember the PLA survey in 2020 about library responses to COVID-19 <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70092377&nr=6566955581> .  That data was used in many different ways to advocate for library support.  This will be a similarly important opportunity for you to share the value of your work and the many different ways that public libraries connect with and serve their communities.
Preparing Students
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/101733_01242023134711.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70061827&nr=6566955581>
Create Your Own Account
Did someone forward you this newsletter? Would you like to receive your own copy of the newsletter ?  If so, create an account here <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70076491&nr=6566955581> . Let us know if you need further assistance.
Where is the Jobline?
Check out the job postings at the new  Jobline location on the website <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70054495&nr=6566955581> under Services.

[http://neo-rls.org/photos/EmailIcon3.png]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70077713&nr=6566955581>
Email<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70077713&nr=6566955581> Us or Follow Us on Facebook<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70078935&nr=6566955581>
[http://neo-rls.org/photos/TheFB4.png]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=70078935&nr=6566955581>

Newsletter - NEO-RLS News-January 25, 2023

Northeast Ohio Regional Library System | 1737 Georgetown Rd., Suite B | Hudson, OH 44236

Difficulty viewing this email? Click here...<https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8981379.htm>
To share this via social networks, click here... <https://neo-rls.org/v_newsletters/newsletter_8981379.htm#SHARE>