[OPLINLIST] gaming policy ques

Melyssa Jones mallen at hbmlibrary.org
Mon Jul 24 10:45:21 EDT 2023

We have a Wii, Nintendo Switch and PS4 with the VR.

We do not allow users to log onto their own profiles. We also do not let them play online. We turn that feature off using parental controls. They have to play couch co-op. We have a staff profile that we use to purchase games. The PS4 VR requires a voucher to be signed before they can play it. We do not have Fortnite, so I can't help you there. As for the PS4, we had to add "guest" profiles so each controller had a "profile" to log onto to play,  and this seems to be working great so far.

The most popular games we have are Wii Sports Resort (Wii), MarioKart 8 Deluxe (Switch) and Minecraft (PS4).

Hopefully this helps!

Melyssa Jones

Adult Services Coordinator

Hurt/Battelle Memorial Library