[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: New CE Added, Salary Survey, Library Spotlight, & More

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Wed Jun 14 11:53:31 EDT 2023

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Newsletter%20Header%20Update.png]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Curiosity%20-%20The%20Secret%20Sauce%20Slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211108733&mm=77522571325>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Ragan%20Snead.jfif]

A Note From the
Executive Director

Last month we returned to the beautiful Punderson Manor Lodge & Conference Center for our 2023 Director’s Retreat. It was an incredible event filled with valuable insights and networking opportunities.

We extend our sincere gratitude to Amanda Standerfer and Paula Miller for their exceptional presentations and expertise. Their passion for advancing libraries truly shone through, and we are grateful for their contributions to the retreat's success.

And, a very special thanks to all the attendees who made this retreat a memorable experience. We hope the knowledge and connections gained during these two days will continue to benefit you and your libraries in the years to come.

“I look forward to this retreat each year. Learn, recharge, and connect with old friends. Thank you for all of the hard work!” –Nancy Levin, Director, Cleveland Heights-University Heights Public Library

“Northeast Ohio is blessed to have such a great team bringing the best opportunities to libraries in the region! I look forward to this training and networking event every year! Thank you NEO-RLS and thank you library colleagues!” –Lorena Williams, Director, Hubbard Public Library
Visit our LinkedIn page here<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211140505&mm=77522571325>.

Stay tuned for future events and opportunities as we strive to provide meaningful experiences and support for all library staff.

Have a great day!

Ragan

Checkout Some Fall Programs

 September

Safe Space - LGBTQ+ Cultural Competence Training<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211111177&mm=77522571325>

Wednesday, 9/6/2023

Mark Your Calendar-Adapted and Inclusive Story Time
Tuesay, 9/12/23

Strategies for Outreach to Marginalized Populations<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211112399&mm=77522571325>

Wednesday, 9/20/2023

October

Recognizing Bias<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211113621&mm=77522571325>

Tuesday, 10/3/2023

Practical Budget Management: How to Avoid Disaster, Make Smart Moves, Report Responsibly, and Stress Less About your Budget!<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211114843&mm=77522571325>

10/11/2023

Mark Your Calendar-Back to the Book XXII
Wednesday, 10/25/23

November

Social-Emotional Learning and the Library<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211116065&mm=77522571325>

Thursday, 11/2/2023

Start a Comic or Graphic Novel Book Club at Your Library<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211117287&mm=77522571325>

Tuesday, 11/7/2023

Ditching Dewey<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211118509&mm=77522571325>

Tuesday, 11/14/2023

Youth Mental Health First Aid<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211119731&mm=77522571325>

Wednesday, 11/29/2023

December

Patron Bashing in Public Libraries: Its Effect on the Professional and the Profession<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211120953&mm=77522571325>

Wednesday, 12/13/2023

Watch the website for more programs being added.

[View Full Calendar]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/DirectorsRetreat.jfif]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Empowering%20Communities%20Slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211127063&mm=77522571325>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Announcements.jpg]

In case you were wondering...

Our next salary survey will be conducted in 2024. More information will be available later this year.

Is there a STAR at your Library? There is Still Time to Nominate Them.

Acknowledge the stars in your library by nominating them for the Rising Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211123397&mm=77522571325>, Shooting Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211124619&mm=77522571325> or Advocacy Award<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211125841&mm=77522571325>. The nomination process is easy and online. Nominations are due by June 30th. Make sure that employees in our region are recognized for their creative and impactful services, programs, and ideas by nominating someone today. Winners will be honored at our annual Membership Meeting.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Library%20Spotlight%20Logo%20%28860%20%C3%97%2075%20px%29.png]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/FHPL.png]

Library Director, Kara Cervelli, joined in celebrating the groundbreaking of the new Fairport Harbor Public Library and new PreK-12 school building for Fairport Harbor. The buildings are slated to open in the fall of 2025. And how exciting to have giant machinery parked next to the library!

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Unlocking%20Digital%20Inclusion%20Slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211128285&mm=77522571325>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/State%20Library%20of%20Ohio.jpg]

If your library is a Summer Food Service Program site or interested in participating in the future, here’s another helpful resource to bookmark and refer to when planning or when questions arise:

Summer Meals Resource Guide<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211129507&mm=77522571325>

Published May 2023. No Kid Hungry worked with a group of national organizations to create this new list of resources on summer meals. Resources include guidance on a range of topics, including ways to access meals, how to become a summer meals site or sponsor, examples from other programs, and more.

Also of interest:

The Collaborative Summer Library Program’s Libraries & Summer Food<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211130729&mm=77522571325> how-to guide is a thorough, clear step-by-step guide for determining whether your library is eligible, getting started, and exploring other ways to support food distribution and address basic needs.

The State Library’s SFSP webpage<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211131951&mm=77522571325> provides guidance for Ohio libraries and a collection of Ohio-specific links, instructions, and ideas.

No Kid Hungry also has a library-specific resource page on Summer and Afterschool Meals in Libraries<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211133173&mm=77522571325>

Whether or not your library is an SFSP site, there are many ways to raise awareness about summer meals. The CSLP Libraries & Summer Food guide and the SLO SFSP webpage both offer links and tips for planning outreach and publicizing local SFSP sites. The ODE has created SFSP digital signage images for use anywhere in Ohio. Download the images from the SLO SFSP webpage<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211131951&mm=77522571325> (scroll down to Communications).

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Account%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211134395&mm=77522571325>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/CE%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211135617&mm=77522571325>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Jobline.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=211136839&mm=77522571325>

[E-Mail]<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org>