[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: Special Libraries, Nominations, Star Award Nominations & State Library

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Wed Mar 29 14:47:56 EDT 2023

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Newsletter%20Header%20Update.png]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Special%20Libraries%20Networking%20Meeting%20Spring%202023.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196118459&mm=73462869809>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Ragan.jpg]

A Note From the
Executive Director

Welcome to a special edition of the NEO-RLS newsletter highlighting our Special Library members! It is a common misconception that NEO-RLS serves only public libraries, but a sizable portion of our membership is comprised of special libraries which include law, medical, and museum libraries, just to name a few. You can see the full list of special libraries in our region here<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196105017&mm=73462869809>.

We are always striving to better serve our special library members. To that end, we provide opportunities for individuals working in special libraries to make their voices heard. Our Special Libraries Advisory Group<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196106239&mm=73462869809> provides valuable feedback and suggestions for continuing education opportunities and services specific to special, academic, and school libraries. We also have a dedicated special library seat on our Board of Trustees, which will be open for nominations starting April 1st! If you are interested in either of these opportunities, please reach out to me at ragan.snead at neo-rls.org<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org> for more information.

Have a great day!

Ragan

Don't Miss a Continuing Education Opportunity

May

Outreach Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196107461&mm=73462869809>

Tuesday, 5/2/2023

Understanding the Power of ChatGPT:
Potential Implications for Library Services Across the State<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196108683&mm=73462869809>

Tuesday, 5/2/2023

Understanding Race and Racism<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196109905&mm=73462869809>

Wednesday, 5/3/2023

Book Discussion Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196111127&mm=73462869809>

Wednesday, 5/3/2023

Supervising Specialty Staff:
How to Work With Employees’ Different Skill Sets<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196112349&mm=73462869809>

Thursday, 5/11/2023

Construction and Facilities Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196113571&mm=73462869809>

Thursday, 5/11/2023

Human Resource and Fiscal Officer -Online Via Zoom<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196114793&mm=73462869809>

Friday, 5/12/2023

Human Resource and Fiscal Officer Networking Meeting-In-person<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196116015&mm=73462869809>

Friday, 5/12/2023

Youth Services (Children & Teen) Virtual Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196117237&mm=73462869809>

Wednesday, 5/17/2023

Special Libraries Network Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196118459&mm=73462869809>

Thursday, 5/18/2023

2023 Directors' Retreat: Start Planning for your Library’s Future Now<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196119681&mm=73462869809>

Thursday & Friday, 5/25/2023 - 5/26/2023

HR Stuff every New Supervisor Should Know:
Having a Solid Legal Foundation<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196120903&mm=73462869809>

Wednesday, 5/31/2023

June

Adult Services Virtual Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196122125&mm=73462869809>

Thursday, 6/1/2023

Training Staff for In Charge duties<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196123347&mm=73462869809>

Tuesday, 6/6/2023

A Day for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196124569&mm=73462869809>

Wednesday, 6/7/2023

Passive-Aggressive Behavior:
Sources and Solutions for Library Workspaces<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196125791&mm=73462869809>

Tuesday, 6/13/2023

Safety and Security Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196127013&mm=73462869809>

Tuesday. 6/13/2023

HR Stuff every New Supervisor Should Know:
Skills Needed to Effectively Manage People<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196128235&mm=73462869809>

Wednesday, 6/14/2023

Circulation Networking Meeting In-person<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196129457&mm=73462869809>

Thursday, 6/15/2023

Circulation Networking Meeting Online via Zoom<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196130679&mm=73462869809>

Thursday, 6/15/2023

[View Full Calendar]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Special%20Libraries%20Discord%20Banner.jpg]<mailto:jeff.laser at neo-rls.org>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/cade.jpg]

"Northeast Ohio libraries are treasure troves of information and opportunities. We are always on the lookout for ways to provide greater access and enhance value in our communities. The Northeast Ohio Regional Library System is our partner in these efforts. Through the high-quality educational programming and a variety of network groups, libraries can collaborate and provide professional development opportunities for staff. The Ingalls Library at the Cleveland Museum of Art takes advantage of these opportunities as both presenters and consumers.  "

Leslie Cade, Director, Ingalls Library and Museum Archives
Special Library Board Member

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Announcements.jpg]

NOMINATIONS FOR NEO-RLS BOARD SEATS OPEN APRIL 1-30, 2023

Interested in running the NEO-RLS Board of Trustees? Nomination forms will be accessible beginning April 1st. Nominations will be accepted for the following board seats: At-Large, Zone 2 (two seats available), Zone 2, Special Libraries, and Geographic Member. We hope you will consider this opportunity for professional growth and to take an active role in furthering the mission of NEO-RLS.

Is there a STAR at your Library? Nominate someone for a NEO-RLS Award!

Acknowledge the stars in your library by nominating them for the Rising Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196133123&mm=73462869809>, Shooting Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196134345&mm=73462869809> or Advocacy Award<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196135567&mm=73462869809>. The nomination process is easy and online. Nominations are due by June 30th. Make sure that employees in our region are recognized for their creative and impactful services, programs, and ideas by nominating someone today. Winners will be honored at our annual Membership Meeting.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/ALICE%20Training%20Banner.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196103795&mm=73462869809>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/State%20Library%20of%20Ohio.jpg]

The Reimagining School Readiness workshop provides an overview of both practical research about how to support school readiness, and a toolkit with resources created for library staff to help families prepare children from birth to 8 years for success in school and in life.   The next workshop is April 18, 2023 at the State Library of Ohio.

There’s still time to register for the 35th Annual Virginia Hamilton Conference: Her Story – A Forum on the Power of Storytelling<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196136789&mm=73462869809> on Friday, April 28 at the Design Innovation Hub at Kent State University.

Ryan Dowd is hosting his next live training Homeless De-Escalation 401: Managing Your Own Emotions During Conflict.

Title: Homeless De-Escalation 401: Managing your own emotions during conflict

When: April 13 at 2 p.m. ET

Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/4316469293825/WN_vNzsm-PmTo-h3n_XzRXwOA<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196138011&mm=73462869809>

Click this link <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196139233&mm=73462869809> to read these articles in their entirety.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Account%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=196140455&mm=73462869809>