[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: Library Visits, Summer CE, Adapted Storytime, Staff Day, & State Library

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Wed May 17 10:34:19 EDT 2023

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Newsletter%20Header%20Update.png]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/A%20Day%20for%20DEI%20Slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=205999551&mm=76115935679>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/editor_images/89b3bbf2-24e1-4376-b435-c5b30ac4d1aa.jpg]

A Note From the
Executive Director

Last week, I had the pleasure of visiting Hubbard Public Library. I was allowed to sit in on storytime, watch a skit presented by the wonderful children's librarians for a local kindergarten class, participate in the mindfulness story walk, and check out the dedicated Teen Room. I also had the opportunity to tour the Library of Things, the Toy Lending Library, and the Makerspace. The passion and dedication that the HPL staff have for providing an inclusive and welcoming space for their community and each other, were evident throughout my visit. Through our discussions, I was able to hear about the initiatives that they are excited about, their current struggles, and ways that NEO-RLS can support them through continuing education and services.

Since my call for library visit requests earlier this year, I have visited 9 libraries of various types and sizes. Although I have worked in libraries for nearly 13 years, I continue to be impressed by the innovation of library staff and the impact that Northeast Ohio libraries are having on their communities.

I will continue to visit libraries in our region to not only gather suggestions from our members but to witness the amazing things happening in our library community.

If you are interested in a library visit, please reach out to me at ragan.snead at neo-rls.org<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org>.

Have a great day!

Ragan

Don't Miss the Summer Continuing Education and More will be Posted Soon

June

Training Staff for In Charge duties<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206000773&mm=76115935679>

Tuesday, 6/6/2023

A Day for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=205999551&mm=76115935679>

Wednesday, 6/7/2023

Passive-Aggressive Behavior: Sources and Solutions for Library Workspaces<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206001995&mm=76115935679>

Tuesday, 6/13/2023

HR Stuff every New Supervisor Should Know: Skills Needed to Effectively Manage People<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206003217&mm=76115935679>

Wednesday, 6/14/2023

July

Dealing with Complaints About Library Materials<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206004439&mm=76115935679>

Tuesday, 7/11/2023

Time Management Yours and Theirs<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206005661&mm=76115935679>

Wednesday, 7/12/2023

Accessibility Initiatives at NC State Libraries<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206006883&mm=76115935679>

Thursday, 7/13/2023

Weeders Attract More Readers<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206008105&mm=76115935679>

Thursday, 7/20/2023

August

You’ve Got Mail:
Using Reference Mail Services to Reach Justice-Involved Individuals<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206009327&mm=76115935679>

8/2/2023

MeckTech: Lessons Learned Through Digital Equity Initiatives<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206010549&mm=76115935679>

Thursday, 8/17/2023

Boosting Your Leadership Self Confidence<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206011771&mm=76115935679>

Tuesday, 8/22/2023

[View Full Calendar]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Accessibility%20Initiatives%20at%20NC%20State%20Libraries.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206006883&mm=76115935679>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Announcements.jpg]

Adapted Storytime

NEO-RLS is looking to create an in-person adapted storytime event on Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at Westlake Porter Public Library.  We would really appreciate your input which helps us to better serve your needs.  Please take this brief survey<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206014215&mm=76115935679> by the end of May.

Is there a STAR at your Library? Nominate someone for a NEO-RLS Award!

Acknowledge the stars in your library by nominating them for the Rising Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206015437&mm=76115935679>, Shooting Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206016659&mm=76115935679> or Advocacy Award<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206017881&mm=76115935679>. The nomination process is easy and online. Nominations are due by June 30th. Make sure that employees in our region are recognized for their creative and impactful services, programs, and ideas by nominating someone today. Winners will be honored at our annual Membership Meeting.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Staff%20Day%202023%20Slide.jpg]<mailto:lattanzm at neo-rls.org?subject=>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/State%20Library%20of%20Ohio.jpg]

INFOhio's Beach Bingo Challenge<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206019103&mm=76115935679> provides fun activities for students in grades K-6 to complete using INFOhio's quality digital resources and web tools. You can distribute it to your summer reading participants who are looking for additional activities for this summer.

Summer library programs (SLP) are starting up all around Ohio. The State Library asks all Ohio public libraries to report on their SLP at program’s end. Your participation in the 2023 Ohio Summer Library Program Evaluation<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206020325&mm=76115935679> will help the State Library, Regional Library Systems, suppliers of statewide incentives, and the Collaborative Summer Library Program to provide the most useful resources and support to Ohio’s libraries.

Janet Ingraham Dwyer is working with a team at the Ohio Dept. of Education to develop a booklist they will distribute at the 2023 Ohio State Fair.

They are looking for librarians’ recommendations on high-quality, current books about aerospace and books about aviation.

Click this link <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206021547&mm=76115935679> to view this article in its entirety.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/You%27ve%20Got%20Mail%20Slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206009327&mm=76115935679>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Account%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206022769&mm=76115935679>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/CE%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206023991&mm=76115935679>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Jobline.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=206025213&mm=76115935679>

[E-Mail]<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org>