[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: Share Your News and Photos, Management Bundle, State Library & ALAO

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Wed May 24 15:20:15 EDT 2023

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Newsletter%20Header%20Update.png]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Staff%20Day%202023%20Slide%20No%20Markings.jpg]<mailto:lattanzm at neo-rls.org?subject=>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Jeff.jpg]

A Note From the
Continuing Education
Coordinator

You may recall the wonderful experiences that Ragan detailed in her note from last week’s newsletter about her visit to Hubbard Public Library. We know there are so many remarkable libraries in our region, and we would like to highlight them more often.

This is where you come in! We are asking for news & photo submissions to our new Library Spotlight. Perhaps you have a new collection you would like to promote or have implemented a new service that has positively impacted your community. Or you just captured some amazing photos from a recent library program that you would like to share. We would love to feature these stories and photos in our newsletter and on our website via the Library Spotlight. We look forward to learning more about our libraries and their dynamic offerings!

Please send news submissions to ragan.snead at neo-rls.org<mailto:ragan.snead at neo-rls.org> and photo submissions to jeff.laser at neo-rls.org<mailto:jeff.laser at neo-rls.org>.

Have a great day!

Jeff

Keep Checking the Website for New Programs

June Networking Meetings

Adult Services Virtual Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207283873&mm=76447933527>

6/1/2023

Safety and Security Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207285095&mm=76447933527>

6/13/2023

Circulation Networking Meeting In-person<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207286317&mm=76447933527>

6/15/2023

Circulation Networking Meeting Online via Zoom<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207287539&mm=76447933527>

6/15/2023

Academic Library Directors In-Person Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207288761&mm=76447933527>

6/16/2023

 July

Dealing with Complaints About Library Materials<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207289983&mm=76447933527>

Tuesday, 7/11/2023

Time Management Yours and Theirs<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207291205&mm=76447933527>

Wednesday, 7/12/2023

Accessibility Initiatives at NC State Libraries<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207292427&mm=76447933527>

Thursday, 7/13/2023

Weeders Attract More Readers<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207293649&mm=76447933527>

Thursday, 7/20/2023

NEW Working with Data in Excel<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207294871&mm=76447933527>

7/25/2023

August

You’ve Got Mail:
Using Reference Mail Services to Reach Justice-Involved Individuals<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207296093&mm=76447933527>

8/2/2023

NEW Working Towards Equity<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207321755&mm=76447933527>

8/16/2023

MeckTech: Lessons Learned Through Digital Equity Initiatives<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207297315&mm=76447933527>

Thursday, 8/17/2023

Boosting Your Leadership Self Confidence<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207298537&mm=76447933527>

Tuesday, 8/22/2023

[View Full Calendar]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/New%20Address%20Slide.jpg]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Announcements.jpg]

Newly Introduced Management Archived Webinar Bundle

Whether you are a new supervisor or a seasoned manager, there is plenty you can learn from our new Management Archived Webinar Bundle. Topics include performance documentation, running effective meetings, project management, and much more. Access the bundle here: https://www.neo-rls.org/docs/Management_Webinar_Bundle.pdf<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207302203&mm=76447933527>

Is there a STAR at your Library? Nominate someone for a NEO-RLS Award!

Acknowledge the stars in your library by nominating them for the Rising Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207303425&mm=76447933527>, Shooting Star<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207304647&mm=76447933527> or Advocacy Award<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207305869&mm=76447933527>. The nomination process is easy and online. Nominations are due by June 30th. Make sure that employees in our region are recognized for their creative and impactful services, programs, and ideas by nominating someone today. Winners will be honored at our annual Membership Meeting.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/2022%20Leadership%20Academy%20Group%20Photo%20Slide.jpg]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/State%20Library%20of%20Ohio.jpg]

The State Library of Ohio is pleased to announce the addition of two new circulating NASA@ My Library programming kits<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207307091&mm=76447933527>. The new kits have been provided from Space Science Institute through a grant from the Gordon and Betty Moore foundation, and additional copies of kits to increase availability have been provided through Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207308313&mm=76447933527> (IMLS).

As you’re planning displays, booklists, and other tools to entice your patrons to check out and read books this summer, keep in mind that Choose to Read Ohio<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207309535&mm=76447933527> (CTRO) spotlights great books for all ages by Ohio authors and illustrators, and offers free readers’ toolkits with activities and discussion questions for every book on the CTRO booklists (which is 155 books so far!).

Ohio Heading to Kindergarten Transition Summit<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207310757&mm=76447933527>

Live Virtual Event via Zoom

Thursday, June 1, 12:00 - 4:00 pm

Heading to Kindergarten (H2K) is an Ohio Department of Education initiative focused on building partnerships that support successful transitions to kindergarten.

Click this link <https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207311979&mm=76447933527> to view these articles in their entirety.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Safety%20and%20Security%20Networking%20Meeting%20June.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207285095&mm=76447933527>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/ALAO.png]

Growth & Change in the Special Collections & Archives Professions

When: 23 May 2023 2:00 PM, EDT
Where: Virtual, via Zoom

This hour-long event will consist of two presentations. Each presentation will run about 20 minutes followed by a 15-minute Q&A session. The first presentation will focus on the counter-archives and its preservation of marginalized histories, while the second presentation will discuss sustainability in archives and climate change.

For more information about our presenters and their talks, please visit our webpage<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207313201&mm=76447933527>.

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Account%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207314423&mm=76447933527>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/CE%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207315645&mm=76447933527>
[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Jobline.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=207316867&mm=76447933527>