[OPLINLIST] EXTERNAL: [OPLINLIST} Projects or Tasks for Circulation Staff

Michael Ritchie mritchie at ghpl.org
Thu Nov 9 06:45:29 EST 2023

It seems like Lyn's list has a lot of things on it that can't be done at the desk, or couldn't be done at our library (it may depend on the size of the library).

Here, staff on desk:

  1.  Help check books in
  2.  Pull holds
  3.  Reroute items to their departments (for example, putting YS material on a specified cart that YS will pick up later from the desk)
  4.  Work on compiling reading lists for specific topics and for future library presentations
  5.  Keep an eye on inside cameras
  6.  Check in new books
  7.  We have 2 people who work in TS and at public desks and they can do some processing and cataloging
  8.  Work on or edit PR material
  9.  Peruse print or online resources (Library Journal, NYT Book Review, etc.)

--M.

Michael Ritchie
Grandview Heights Public Library
<mritchie at ghpl.org>