[OPLINLIST] Free Program for NE Ohio: Tree Tale Tellers

Marisha Sullivan msullivan at holdenfg.org
Mon Nov 13 15:46:30 EST 2023

Hello library colleagues!

Holden Forests & Gardens is pleased to be able to once again offer our Tree Tale Teller program to NE Ohio libraries in Cuyahoga, Lake, and Geauga counties. Due to the level of interest, we do need to limit it to these counties and to programs targeted at toddler through early elementary. My volunteers come to your library around Arbor Day and present a special Story Time talking about the importance of plants and trees. All volunteers go through a training based on ECRR, are provided with high-quality materials selected by a professional librarian, are background checked, and nearly all have experience in daycares, schools, or libraries.

If you are interested in having us come out this April, please fill out this form<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com/?d=office.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly9mb3Jtcy5vZmZpY2UuY29tL3IvcGNkNTdLemhIMA==&i=NjIxNjg0Mjc3YjI3MjEwZjhiNDljMzg5&t=a1FwM3diOC9qZjg5NlJaV3hPbEZSNll4TmpHM1VCTndJc1QwK3FicTl1MD0=&h=ac245bdb048b47cd8c9eab683a579246&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVbo0lUvngs8H3d5iNlA8MhHb25jz2WL2X2uxuwzxYXlbA>. Space is limited; only the first 20 libraries will have a guaranteed slot and we may need to limit based on geographic location if you are in the same system as another library that applies. If you have any questions, please reach out to Marisha Sullivan, HF&G Librarian, at msullivan at holdenfg.org<mailto:msullivan at holdenfg.org>

Marisha Sullivan (she/they)
Librarian
Holden Forests & Gardens
216-707-2845 or x149

What’s winter without wonder? FROST: An Ice-Capped Garden Experience<https://holdenfg.org/attractions/cleveland-botanical-garden/frost/> transforms the Cleveland Botanical Garden from Saturday, November 18th through Sunday, December 31st. It’s a completely new holiday show featuring our indoor and outdoor gardens where you can explore enchanting realms filled with towering ice arches, dazzling light installations, crystal-covered flowers, and magical creatures. For more information and to purchase your tickets in advance, click here.<https://holdenfg.org/attractions/cleveland-botanical-garden/frost/> Adventure awaits at the Holden Arboretum<http://www.holdenfg.org/> where you can enjoy hiking through woodlands, snowshoeing and birdwatching. For more information about all of our offerings this season including classes, hikes, special holiday events and more, visit holdenfg.org. Happy Winter!