[OPLINLIST] NEO-RLS News: Back to the Book XXII, New Programs Added, & More

Melissa Lattanzi lattanzm at neo-rls.org
Wed Oct 11 14:19:29 EDT 2023

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Newsletter%20Header%20Update.png]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Run-Hide-Fight%20slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234665227&mm=83721754107>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Melissa%202.jpg]

A Note From the
Continuing Education Coordinator

We are excited to announce the ever-popular Back to the Book. It is hard to believe that this is the 22nd year. This year we are focusing on the Bookaverse, Book Discussion, and Books Celebrating the Neurodiverse and LGBTQ+ Communities. The event will be held on Wednesday, October 25th<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234666449&mm=83721754107> at the Hilton Garden Inn in Twinsburg.

We will start the day by having a virtual conversation with Katie Shepard, romance author of Bear with Me Now and Sweeten the Deal where she will highlight her neurodiverse characters. Next, Dr. Tara Gold, will discuss BookTube, Bookstagram, and BookTok, Oh My: Understanding the Online "Bookaverse" As a Tool for Professional Development. After lunch, you will have the opportunity to choose between two breakout sessions, Making it Happen: Discussions 101 presented by Mary Frances Burns, Retired Library Director or Deep Dive!: Enhance and Diversify Your Book Discussion Programs led by David McNally and Kate Merlene, Adult Services Librarians with Cuyahoga County Public Library. The final session will be “Everything I Know About Myself, I Learned from Mystery Novels”: queer coming of age through the lens of crime fiction, presented by author Kristen Lepionka.

You won’t want to miss another worthwhile Back to the Book! Click this event link<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234666449&mm=83721754107> for all the details

.

Have a great day!

Melissa

Upcoming In Person Events

Beyond the Stamp - Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks as an Ohio Notary Public-Mansfield-Richland County<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234667671&mm=83721754107>

10/20/2023

Back to the Book XXII: Bookaverse, Book Discussion, and Books Celebrating the Neurodiverse and LGBTQ+ Communities<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234666449&mm=83721754107>

10/25/2023

Building a Resilient Workforce and a Networking Event for Directors, Deputy Directors, & Admin Teams<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234668893&mm=83721754107>

10/26/2023

Leadership Academy<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234670115&mm=83721754107>

10/31/2023

Run-Hide-Fight: Active Shooter Attack Prevention and Preparedness<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234665227&mm=83721754107>

11/1/2023

Academic Library Directors In-Person Networking Meeting<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234671337&mm=83721754107>

11/10/2023

NEO-RLS 2023 Annual Membership Meeting & Appreciation Breakfast<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234672559&mm=83721754107>

11/15/2023

Newly Added Programs You May Have Missed

Library Bootcamp: Intro to Cataloging<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234673781&mm=83721754107>

11/30/2023

So You are a New Children’s Librarian Supervisor or you Want to be One?<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234675003&mm=83721754107>

12/5/2023

Management in Harmony<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234676225&mm=83721754107>

12/6/2023

Special Libraries: How Can They Help Your Patrons and Library<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234677447&mm=83721754107>

12/12/2023

Library Boot Camp: Reaching the Community Through Programming and Outreach<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234678669&mm=83721754107>

12/14/2023

[View Full Calendar]

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/2023-2024%20Leadership%20Academy%20slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234670115&mm=83721754107>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Announcements.jpg]

2023 Annual Membership Meeting & Appreciation Breakfast<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234681113&mm=83721754107>

Join us for our Annual Membership Meeting & Appreciation Breakfast on Wednesday, November 15, 2023, at the Hilton Garden Inn, Twinsburg<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234672559&mm=83721754107>. Gather with the NEO-RLS library community to learn how we continue to support our members, celebrate all those who have contributed time and expertise to NEO-RLS over the past year, and congratulate the 2022 Rising Star, Shooting Star, and Advocacy Award nominees and winners. This year's featured presentation is, DEI by Design: Building Inclusive Systems and Processes, presented by Enlightened Solutions. We hope to see you there!

Reminder: Additional Notary Training Scheduled

Beyond the Stamp - Your Role, Responsibilities, and Risks as an Ohio Notary Public-Mansfield-Richland County<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234667671&mm=83721754107>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Networking%20Meetings%20Nov%20and%20Dec%202023%20slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234682335&mm=83721754107>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/State%20Library%20of%20Ohio.jpg]

2024 Summer Reading Theme

The Collaborative Summer Library Program (CSLP) is pleased to announce its 2024 program with the all-ages theme of Adventure Begins at Your Library, featuring artwork by Juana Martinez-Neal (early literacy and children) and Rob Donnelly (teen and adult).

Each Ohio public library has access to the CSLP manual online. www.cslpreads.org/2024-adventure-begins-at-your-library/<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234683557&mm=83721754107> The State Library has sent access codes.

CSLP membership and manuals are provided at no cost to Ohio public libraries. This service is supported in whole by Institute of Museum and Library Services LSTA funds granted through the State Library of Ohio. Ohio public libraries are never required to use CSLP themes or materials, but are free to use these themes and materials to plan summer library programs and for programming throughout the year.

The CSLP shop is open for 2024. Orders may be placed anytime at shop.cslpreads.org<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234684779&mm=83721754107>. In addition to publicity items, incentives, and t-shirts, the CSLP manual is available for purchase from the catalog in paper and USB formats. Purchases from the CSLP catalog are at the library’s discretion and are the library’s responsibility.

The Ohio Summer Library Program website (library.ohio.gov/ohio-summer-library-program<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234686001&mm=83721754107>) offers:

  *   Links to resources, toolkits, recordings, and ideas on outreach, summer learning, and more
  *   A collection of research and best practices on the Benefits of Summer Reading Programs
  *   The Regional Library Systems’ workshop schedule and registration links (when available)
  *   Any statewide SLP incentives (when available)

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Library%20Bootcamp%20Intro%20to%20Cataloging%20slide.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234673781&mm=83721754107>

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Movers%20Shakers.jpg]

LJ Movers & Shakers 2024: Nomination Period is OPEN

The editors of Library Journal need your help in identifying emerging talents in the library world—both great leaders and behind-the-scenes contributors who are providing inspiration and model programs for others.

Our 22nd annual round of Movers & Shakers will profile up-and-coming individuals from around the world who are innovative, creative, making a difference fighting against censorship, and helping improve their workplace. From librarians and non-degreed library workers to publishers, vendors, coders, entrepreneurs, reviewers, and others who impact the library field—Movers & Shakers 2024 will celebrate those people who are moving all types of libraries ahead!

 SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION TODAY!

Don't wait! Tell us about your colleagues<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234687223&mm=83721754107> who are helping to build their library's—or all libraries'—future, so we can let the world know.

Deadline to submit: October 23, 2023

[https://d15k2d11r6t6rl.cloudfront.net/public/users/Integrators/c2036c03-dbf6-4270-99c5-7afb8a06e2b9/NEOL/Account%20White%20Background.jpg]<https://mms.neo-rls.org/ct.php?lid=234688445&mm=83721754107>