[OPLINLIST] News from CSLP annual meeting: 2026 program slogan & 2027 theme

jdwyer at library.ohio.gov jdwyer at library.ohio.gov
Thu Sep 14 17:16:25 EDT 2023

Cross-posted. Please excuse duplication.

Greetings from the Collaborative Summer Library Program annual meeting. Today the CSLP state reps voted their states' choices for 2026 program slogan and 2027 program theme.

The slogan for the 2026 dinosaur-themed CSLP summer program will be Unearth a Story.
The theme for the 2027 program will be Mystery / Detective / Suspense.

Thank you for voting  in the Ohio CSLP slogan/theme poll and giving me direction for Ohio's vote at the CSLP annual meeting. We received 562 responses to the Ohio poll! The results of the Ohio vote are at the bottom of this email. We got our statewide 2nd choice 2026 slogan and 1st choice 2027 theme.

BTW it was noted that the 2026 slogan, "Unearth a Story" is coincidentally a pretty good match for a summer program based on the US Semiquincentennial<https://america250.org/>, which some libraries are considering for their theme. CSLP plans to compile some resources for libraries on this topic for 2026.

In coming weeks, the CSLP 2024 "Adventure Begins at Your Library" program manual will be released (early October) and the CSLP storefront will open (mid-October). I'm genuinely excited about the artwork/visuals and the improvements and enhancements to the product line for next year. I think and hope you all will like the artwork, manual content, and catalog items, which reflect the feedback of frontline library workers and summer library program planners like you.

Sincerely,
Janet

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D9E56F.4F32A530]
Janet Ingraham Dwyer (she/her)
Library Consultant
614-644-6910
jdwyer at library.ohio.gov<mailto:jdwyer at library.ohio.gov>
library.ohio.gov/youth-services<http://library.ohio.gov/youth-services>

Ohio vote - 2026 Potential Slogans for theme: Dinosaur
1st - Explore with a Roar! / ¡Explora con un rugido!
2nd - Unearth a Story / Desenterrar una historia
3rd - Romp, Stomp, Read / Corre, pisa, lee
4th - Big and Small Adventures for All / Grandes y pequeñas aventuras para todos

Ohio vote - 2027 Potential Themes
1st - Mystery/Detective/Suspense
2nd - Time Travel/History
3rd - Outdoors/Nature/Camping